PDA

View Full Version : Firefly or Fireflyz airline

esa-aardvark
18th Apr 2013, 03:34
Any one flown with or know anything about them. They are a part of Malaysian flying ATR72's around Malaysia area.

I may fly Phuket to Penang with them, they are the only direct air link.

Many thanks for your comments, John

DaveReidUK
18th Apr 2013, 06:45
Any one flown with or know anything about them.You mean these guys ?

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/483022-firefly-atr-argument-flight-deck.html

joniveson
18th Apr 2013, 09:06
I flew with them from KL to Kuching in 2011 and was quite impressed. Definitely a nicer experience than the European locos. They also have some 737s (could be A320s, can't really remember) and I flew on one of them. Very clean and as comfortable as any other I've flown on. For a very small fee (compared to Europe) you can buy an extras package which includes checked luggage, seat selection and an inflight meal and it all worked well. The flight was on time and I would definitely use them again. It was also nice not to have to go to the loco terminal in KL like you do with Air Asia.

Hotel Tango
18th Apr 2013, 13:48
they operated B737s in 2011 but are now an all ATR-72 operator.

esa-aardvark
22nd Apr 2013, 06:35
My thanks to those who responded. I'll report back
if we actually fly with them.
John

zephyr6
24th Apr 2013, 11:09
Flew from Singapore to Subang (the old KL international airport) last month. Very good and no queues at immigration. I just walked straight off the aircraft and out in about 2 minutes.
Z6

JWP2010
24th Apr 2013, 20:41
I flew with them from Subang to Singapore. Easy check-in, boarding, pleasant flight. Bit of a wait on the tarmac in Singapore on the return and it was hot! But otherwise, no problems about recommending them.