PDA

View Full Version : Air Zim 767's to be repo'd

gurnzee
26th Apr 2002, 12:55
it looks like if bob doesn't come up with US$26mill then the bank that the money is owed to for the lease then the a/c will be siezed. Money has not been received since Dec 2000, and if it's not forthcoming by April 30, then bye-bye. In addition, all govt's of countries into which the plane flies will be asked to seize the a/c after this date. Full article available at zwnews.

Caribou 2
26th Apr 2002, 15:11
The Import-Export Bank of America have addressed a letter to Air Zimbabwe's Board and the countrys Finance Minister confirming reposession by end of the month if the original (Bank of Utah)outstanding repayments of 26 mil plus about 1.6 mil interest are not met. The flight to London tonight is still going......and the Mormon Church may yet step in......one things for sure - Mugabe can't.................................

Skaz
26th Apr 2002, 18:09
gues he used the Zim dollars to pay for he's new Mercedes Benz armoured limo
only cost something like 7 million US, small price to pay for presidential security...apparently he;s a bit scared some incredibly unjust and insane individual is gonna off him...like the poor man who had to watch hes wife being beheaded in front of hes daughter by Zanu PF goons yesterday

B Sousa
28th Apr 2002, 15:59
I think you all misunderstand dear old Bob.....Im sure hes only got Zims best interests at Heart.....look what hes done for the place. The GNP is down, exchange rate varies daily and tourism is at a standstill.
Why hes really succeded in puttin things they way they were..........400 years ago.
As for the Bank of Utah (and their backers). They would go to bed with whomever to make a buck....So now they just write things off as a loss......Ho hum.
Easy way for Bobbie to keep from getting things re-possessed is to be a bit more selective where they fly......ie. Libya, China, North Korea, Cuba......
Hey, hes still there, so it seems to me nobody wants to change things......
I certainly miss my AH-1 Cobra......

V1 Rotate
1st May 2002, 07:56
The astonishing thing is that most African leaders, the OAU and the UN commission for human rights all endorse Bob's election victory as "free and fair".
V1 Rotate

Gunship
1st May 2002, 20:04
Lo Bert et al,

Yeah I am sure you miss that Cobra, I sure wish to have his Mi-24 P model I think - night cockpit and all !

Wonder if they have gas for it ? Or Gfifi gives those thing hey ?

All I can see : Bye bye Bob your shopping trips will temprarly be suspended but sure Fifi or another well - wisher will help him out (and to hell).

Sorry for the Pilots and Groundcrew once again !

:D GUNSHIP :D

gurnzee
2nd May 2002, 15:56
from what I've heard the pilots themselves don't even know that their jobs are on the line!!