PDA

View Full Version : Pigs Flying

Wizofoz
17th Apr 2013, 07:32
There's a beat-up in the Australian and British press regarding the fact that Qantas won't be serving Pork or food with Alchohol as an ingredient on it's Dubai services.

Does anyone know if OTHER Airlines (BA, Virgin, Lufthansa etc.) do the same on their Middle-Eastern services?

ironbutt57
17th Apr 2013, 07:35
Pretty soon they wont be flying planes that say Qantas on the middle east service either

chrislikesblue
17th Apr 2013, 08:25
Why should they give pork anyway? There are soo many other different foods which are more delicious than pork. This is called marketing,finding the right product that keeps everyone happy.

Airmann
17th Apr 2013, 09:15
And what about flights to Tel Aviv?

ironbutt57
17th Apr 2013, 09:40
Strange about pork, when alcohol never seems to be an issue:ugh:

R8TED THRUST
17th Apr 2013, 12:42
My favorite is looking at the first class passenger
manifest when it says preferred meal halal, preferred
drink Champagne. Always makes me chuckle.

springbok449
17th Apr 2013, 15:17
No pork on Virgin services to DXB to answer your question Wiz...Lamb sausage butties back in the days...

migair54
17th Apr 2013, 18:42
Itīs pretty normal if they are flying to a muslim country not to serve pork... the same they will serve halal food or airlines flying to India they donīt serve beef and they usually have plenty of veggie food, or airlines flying to Israel they offer Koser food...

Egyptair donīt serve Alcohol in any or many flights, at least in the ones I have taken, nobody flying to Saudi Arabia serves alcohol.

Itīs pretty normal for airlines to adapt to customer preferences..

metro301
17th Apr 2013, 23:24
I had a glass of Bailey's on Lufthansa while descending into Jed. Some carriers do in fact carry it and serve it into KSA. They normally pack it up when either entering the airspace or before landing.

HPIC
20th Apr 2013, 07:04
BA, Lufthansa, and KLM don't serve pork on flights to/from Muslim countries. They serve alcohol as long as they can even to countries where alcohol is banned, usually closing the bar 30 mins before landing.