PDA

View Full Version : Amiri Royal Flight

spandix
16th Apr 2013, 21:06
Does anyone know the working conditions for the Amiri flight apart from the usual's of being hot and on call 24/7. I need to know working hours, shifts and holiday entitlement and also interview routine.

Many thanks.

aeromech3
17th Apr 2013, 12:25
spandix, Hi, as there are several "Amiri Flight's" in the Gulf, you need to tune your question a little:- which Amiri Flight, and which position are you referring to, eg: LAE, Technician, Mechanic, Planner, Store-man etc etc.

spandix
17th Apr 2013, 12:53
My apologies, Its the Qatar Royal Amiri Flight. LAE

Many Thanks.

Spandix

aeromech3
18th Apr 2013, 14:23
Not specific to Q.A.F.
Holiday entitlement should be in the package but 20 working days would be a starter, increasing to 30.
P.Hols. off if not required for duty and/or lieu days.
A five,6hr day, non flying week but longer during maintenance checks or to clear defects.
Shifts for flying spanners unusual but a stand-by roster could be on a 24/7 week about.
O/T pay not heard of but unsocial hours allowance possible.
A posted flying duty might start 3 hrs before take off, giving 2 hrs for security, plane dressing, your pre-flight and 1hr for complete state of readiness, fuel top up, baggage and accepting early entourage. With 2hrs at the end of a flight to put plane to bed plus flight time it can be a 7hr day, even for an inter-gulf drop off or pick up, longer on a sit and wait; Transatlantic min 19hrs and sleep on a passenger sector difficult.
Interview, if you are concerned about crossing the t's and dotting i's for conditions you are unlikely to be chosen; however, most 'Flight' LAE's stay in their service a long time.

spandix
18th Apr 2013, 18:56
Aeromech3,

Many thanks for taking time to explain great help.

Spandix