PDA

View Full Version : Requirements/ qualifications required for ground ops? Help please

Bearcat F8F
16th Apr 2013, 20:55
Hi guys, I'm interested in gaining some experience with flight or ground ops or dispatch. What sort of requirements and qualifications are they after in this field?

In short, my profile looks like this:

I will have an Aeronautical Engineering degree in 2 months
I speak 2 languages and have worked as a technical interpreter
I hold a PPL(A)
I have experience with logistics in a removals company where I also held some managerial responsibilities

I live in Glasgow. Would there be any jobs from the above list that I could apply for around Glasgow, Prestwick or Edinburgh airports without any previous experience?

Don't shoot me down if I seem like I don't know anything... I don't! I would just like to gain some experience working with aircraft/ biz jet operators/ airlines or anything similar while I save up for my fATPL.

I'm more than happy to research this in detail. Just looking for some general advice/ tips on what I could do, if anything.

Thanks

dallas
17th Apr 2013, 06:01
In the US/middle east you will need a dispatchers licence for a dispatch job. In the UK and many other parts of the world it helps, but unless it's changed isn't a requirement. For Ops the min requirement seems to be 'breathing', although for some I've met I'd require proof.

Experience is useful, but I've found out not necessarily a guide to quality, but your languages will give you an advantage over others. The problem is despite what I wrote about quality, most recruiters will still get the guy in with a relevant CV over a field of wannabes who actually might be much sharper if given a chance. My recommendation would be to apply for anything related and work your way up - that's the normal antidote to nil experience.

Bearcat F8F
17th Apr 2013, 21:45
Thanks for the advice.

What would "anything" be? As in ANY airport job?