PDA

View Full Version : How to get my E1 E4 E5 removed B1 Lame

Aviater
16th Apr 2013, 04:48
Hi all.

I know I can sit QA QB QC QD QE IA IZ EB ED and do the practical, then submit an application to casa.

But I don't know what the process is to do it through Aviation Australia via the module training? A friend mentioned clubb66pro and AA's self study modules today but I don't know how that works or what I'd need to do. Can anyone offer some advice as to proven alternative methods for getting my full B1?

Cheers

AvChappy
16th Apr 2013, 06:25
Gday mate. Those really are the only options.
At the moment you have two, the older CAR 31 path (CASA Basic exams, SOE etc), or the new system CASR Part 66. This would involve enrolling with an approved training organisation (Part 147 MTO) like AA. They would assess any theory/experience you already have (RPL), and would put you through the appropriate courses you need to get unrestricted. Casa is shutting down the old licensing system around mid 2015 i think, so chop chop.....

Aviater
16th Apr 2013, 09:32
Thanks mate. I understand all about the new/old regs. Cheers. I guess the heart of my question is, has anyone done the inst/elec modules self study through kanga or AA and what are they like? Are there any good notes out there? Are they 100% based on the easa modules and this are the notes/questions the same? What does it cost? Is it better/worse than just hitting the basics each sitting?

Cheers

easaman
16th Apr 2013, 17:44
Here is a CASA exam and restriction removal how to! (http://www.easa-66.eu/BBS/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=672&p=1046#p1046)
Cheers
easaman

Gas Bags
17th Apr 2013, 07:37
Aviater,

The AA exams are based on the AA notes. The notes are quite comprehensive and every question asked in the exam is taken from those notes...No surprises.

The exams you sit at KBT are actually AA exams. KBT are merely an examination centre for AA exams. KBT notes are identical in every way to AA notes.

You can purchase the self study courses from AA over the net and they have a downloadable PDF copy of the notes so you can save and/or print them out if you prefer paper copies to read from.

Forget club66pro as it is based on the EASA modules which have emphasis on different aspects of each topic. The EASA notes and questions are not what you will get in an AA exam...Similar but different enough to make it hard.

If you are doing AA exams use AA notes...They are all you will need.

The exams cost $130.00 each at AA in BNE.

There are less modules to do and they will last forever unlike the basics which only have a life till 26th June 2015.

Do the modules...You can accomplish all you need in only 4 exams.

Aviater
17th Apr 2013, 13:24
4 Exams? Thats awesome! I thought it'd be like 10 or 12? Can you tell me exactly what those exams are? I don't even know what the modules are called or how they're broken down. The CASA Basics will stop running, but passing them gives you credits forever FYI. IE: If you pass all your Avionics basics but don't apply for a license until say 2020, they still count, you just have to have a 147 org convert them to RPL. I spoke to Casa about this in case I started the elec basics and didn't apply untill after the cut off.

But 4 exams sounds a lot easier than the 8 Basics they want me to do.

Are you sure? Are they big exams? Are the notes/practise questions pretty good?

Gas Bags
19th Apr 2013, 05:03
Yes I am sure...

Module 11e and 11f
Module 4
Module 3b
Module 5a and 5b

Thats all you need.