PDA

View Full Version : Who is better Execujet or Jet Aviation

Slvrback09
16th Apr 2013, 04:42
Hi

What is your opinion , who is a better company to work for both in flying and ground ops. Please give me your opinions , both good and bad.

FCS_TEST
16th Apr 2013, 21:26
Air Alsie !

DownIn3Green
17th Apr 2013, 00:08
Depends on who you are and how you can get along with them...

If you are indicating (by your question) that you have a choice of going to work for either/or, If I were you I think I'd keep my ungreatful mouth shut and take the first class date offered...

Many pilots would love to have the chance now-a-days to work for anyone, let alone ask total strangers (PPruner's) for an opinion...

FlyMD
17th Apr 2013, 00:57
Fair question, in my opinion.

Having worked for one for 5 years and audited the other recently for a new management contract, I feel qualified to throw in my 2 cents.

I flew Gulfstreams for Jet Aviation Switzerland for various customers, I have only good things to say as an employee. Fair salaries, paid on time. Good training, well organized. Good to superb maintenance coordinators.

On the down side: ancient and primitive IT tools, a defect which the management is only now starting to tackle. They literally still work with whiteboards and Excel tables in ops controls, it would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

On a personal note, my fleet chief stuck by me when 2 separate (admittedly difficult) customers threw me off their airplane when my face did not suit them anymore, and gave me a third and magnificent customer to care for. That's almost unheard of! And if said great customer had not passed away from old age, I would certainly still be a happy Jet Aviation employee.

Execujet now: more of a classic management company, where your conditions and satisfaction largely depend to whose aircraft you are assigned, so there are definitely good and bad operations, small and large salaries, etc...

On the other hand I'm very impressed with their management, from the CEO down. Also, they provide modern and user-friendly IT tools for crews and customers. Training is also well-organized and optimized to cost the pilots as little free time as possible.

Hope this helps.

Globalstream
17th Apr 2013, 07:41
I think it`s important to remember with all companies, even premium operators like Jet Aviation and Execujet and so on; your experience is going to depend very heavily on the client you`re working for. This is why I advise focussing on finding good clients, to the extent it is possible, rather than good companies.

I think Flying MD`s anecdote above is a great example- a good working relationship with his fleet chief (who clearly also had some integrity!) has left a lasting positive impression whereas it might so easily have been different.

But as DI3G alludes to- if you have job options with both I wouldn`t waste too much time deciding!

DownIn3Green
18th Apr 2013, 02:00
FlyMD...As an aside, I too have experience with Jet Aviation in Basel...Not from the Ops side, but from the technical...

We used to take our HZ reg B-727 (Saudi Special Flights) to Basel for maint on several occasions...

Everything was First Class, and I mean everything....we wanted for nothing, and I sincerely felt that the whole of Basel (great place to layover, BTW) was at our disposal...

If the Ops was anything like the Technics, it must be a Great place to work...

Booglebox
18th Apr 2013, 07:44
whiteboards and Excel tables in ops controls

I heard this too... but actually it's almost better than what ExecuJet are using. :yuk:

HS-125
18th Apr 2013, 10:18
And you'd know that wouldn't you "Booglebox" ?!

Opsbeatch
18th Apr 2013, 10:26
Be very careful Booglebox, yet again your information is out of date.
Where are you working now anyway?

OB

Booglebox
18th Apr 2013, 12:58
HS-125: Yes. Yes I would.
Opsbeatch: Few months out of date, yes, but anyway I hope I'm wrong and that it's improved :) to answer your question I will send you a PM.

Speedy604
18th Apr 2013, 12:59
I think itīs not a question of the operator....the view should be pointed on the owner you fly for...

most of the aircraft of execujet or jetaviation are only for the boss...

when your owner is ok to you do not have to take really care about the operating company....

good owner as well as a good and experienced managing company is the goal where all parties are working hand in hand....

for sure both are real good in their job..

Coolmore M.
18th Apr 2013, 13:06
may be you're right that execujet has the latest technology, but a system can only be as good as the people using it

Klimax
19th Apr 2013, 05:49
Jet Aviation is for sure is a good employer. :ok:
It may not be the highest paid one, not sure, but definitely nice and in general competent people around you. Good support and rarely any discussions about hotac etc.
As its been said already - a lot of it also boils down to the actual "account/owner" you are on, as that obviously will influence what kind of flying you will be doing and how your direct relationship is.
Thats another thing Ive noticed with Jet - they don't seems to just take on board any customer, but actually evaluates if its really worth it also in relation to managing the customers expectations.
Don't know about ExecuJet - no prior experience.

Good luck with it. :ok:

UPDATE; above perspective on Jet Aviation was based on the Hong Kong side of the company. Jet A Zurich is a sad existance in comparison with uninspirational leadership and lack of direction, resulting in people leaving left, right and centre, while a few sit and wait it out. The great days are over.

Slvrback09
25th Apr 2013, 09:55
Hi guys , thanks for info , in your experience who delivers best on the ground operations for visiting customers .

Booglebox
25th Apr 2013, 17:54
having only been to (I think) 3 ExecuJet and 2 Jet Aviation FBOs I am not as good of a judge as many bizjet pilots on here, but FWIW the level of service seemed to be basically the same. However, ExecuJet's facilities were a lot smarter. :cool:
Any particular station in mind?