PDA

View Full Version : CJ1+/CJ2+/CJ3 Jeppesen Charts

First.officer
15th Apr 2013, 11:40
Am hoping someone can enlighten me, anyone out there in the Citation world (or elsewhere to be fair) operate commercial flights (AOC) and have approval to utilise the on-board IFIS Chartlink Jeppesen Charts that can be displayed on the MFD? never heard of anyone having approval to do so, and wondering what restrictions people have come up against in gaining authority approval to do so?

F/o

Cecco
16th Apr 2013, 08:05
If you want to use IFIS electronic charts as sole means to use Jeppesen charts you need to have two File Server units (FSUs) to have one backup instead of one, which is standard. FSU is quite costly...

We are a private operator and use the electronic charts with one FSU. However, we also always have the paper charts on board to be legal.

Cecco

First.officer
16th Apr 2013, 11:01
Hi Cecco,

Many thanks for the reply.....indeed, we would ideally be looking to lose the paper back-up as on a small aircraft like the CJ, would be nice to get rid of the 50lbs carried in a bag, and also the weekly updates of the paper sheets!.

F/o

Son of a Beech
16th Apr 2013, 19:46
When purchasing a subscription to jeppview for Proline you receive site keys for three more licenses. These can be used for the JeppFD app for free. Of course you could also print trip kits.

Not all authorities allow iPad as a backup to Proline, but it doesn't hurt to inform

wondering
17th Apr 2013, 08:04
I know a private operator who uses an ipad as back up. Might be worthwhile looking into that option and to check with your respective CAA/FAA if they are happy with that.

First.officer
17th Apr 2013, 09:07
Hi guys,

Many thanks for the replies, all useful info. - have indeed canvassed opinion from friends, and of course referenced the EASA EFB evaluation doc., TGL-36, AMC 20-25 etc., and the iPad as a back-up to the Chartlink IFIS solution is the way forward with thisit seems, but going to consult with the relevant FOI before going further along the process!.

F/o

Booglebox
18th Apr 2013, 07:49
if you need help with iPad regulatory-acceptable config / mgmt, let me know.... :8