PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft selling database?

mushroom69
14th Apr 2013, 13:02
Does anyone know of a site where one can see the average number of days aircraft have been for sale before being sold and the selling prices when finally sold?

When I see "Make an offer," I would like to have some solid data as to what similar years, hours, etc have been sold for recently, in order to make an educated offer.

There are a lot of sales websites, but most of them now have "Call" instead of even an asking price......

merci!

CaptainProp
15th Apr 2013, 08:14
Amstat (http://www.amstatcorp.com/)

CP

RFGN
15th Apr 2013, 09:36
Hello, I think you are probably familiar with the Controller...?

LGW Vulture
15th Apr 2013, 13:53
You can find the average number of days on the market by buying either the AMSTAT or JetNet dbases - not cheap at US$10k a time....and indeed, you will never find selling prices on there either.

On the other hand, you should contact a decent broker who knows what the market is doing however - we are usually tarred with the same brush, we can't be trusted! :rolleyes:

FrankR
16th Apr 2013, 04:19
Amstat and Jetnet are both indeed expensive.

However, the cost is trivial on a multi million euro aircraft purchase. You get a lot of history and market information from these services that is invaluable, and not obtainable anywhere else. I've seen several rich guys get taken down the path and pay way above retail for an old aircraft that was a POS. Having good market info and an independent pre buy would easily prevent this.

FR