PDA

View Full Version : Airbus to trim plane window seat size and widen others

plans123
14th Apr 2013, 11:18
Airbus plans to reduce the size of its window seats to make room for wider ones in the aisles. Those requiring the larger seats would have to pay more for their seats.

BBC News - Airbus to trim plane window seat size and widen others (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22141525)

Good or bad? Common sense or revenue earner?

speedbird_481_papa
18th Apr 2013, 09:46
I think this is disgusting. Sorting out a seating plan from a ground ops point of view is difficult enough! Let alone having then to re-seat as you go along! Also we see larger people everyday but I can honestly say that only once in my 7 years as a PSA I have only ever had 1 passenger I have had to say that he needs to purchase an extra seat. Plus those that are of a larger build usually are aware of the requirement to purchase an extra seat anyway advance of turning up at check-in.

I would say that over 98% of the larger pax are already accommodated for by allowing the use of the infant extension seatbelt on board anyway.

So this idea by Airbus is ridiculous.

Sacrificing the window seat size for a larger one in the aisle is ridiculous. What's next then, you have to be anorexic to fit in a window seat!? I am not small but equally not large either but if these plans of airbus do go ahead I will not be able to fit in a window seat then will I?! :=

I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong :O

Kind Regards

Speedbird

Peter47
27th Apr 2013, 17:04
I seem to remember, I think, Boeing suggesting a 3-2-3 configuration for the 787. Manufacturers can come up with ideas. Surely its up to the airlines to specify what they want and manufacturers to provide products with the flexibility to meet these.

Perhaps some airlines will think it a good idea.