PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Ground School Perth

Weathergirly
14th Apr 2013, 10:09
Hi Guys

Can any body recommend a Ground School around the Perth WA area for ATPL ground school. This would be for an ICAO license conversion so I only need CPL Air Law, ATPL Air Law, Human Factors and the IREX exams.

I am not interested in online study, I am looking for a recommended tried and Tested course.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Aeromuz
18th Apr 2013, 06:45
Try the Western Australian Aviation College for that. WA Aviation College - Excellence in Pilot Training (http://www.waaviationcollege.com.au)

MikeTangoEcho
21st Apr 2013, 22:32
I hear AB is running an ATPL night course at above said establishment. Meant to be pretty good.

AileronsNeutral
22nd Apr 2013, 09:05
You don't need ground school for a license conversion, get copies of bob tait's cpl and irex books and Rob Avery's Avfacts question books and you can self-study the lot in about 2 months.

lemel
22nd Apr 2013, 10:24
What AilronsNeutral said.

In oz:
- Rob Avery for CPL
- AFT for ATPL

Both can be done self study and (in my experience from ~ 8-10 yrs ago) they are both exceptional and teach you exactly what you need to know to pass CASA exams.

Good luck.

Weathergirly
24th Apr 2013, 11:13
Miketangoecho. Who is AB? An evening course sounds like it might fit the bill.

It appears that these courses are a bit thin on the ground in the Perth area so all your advice is greatly appreciated.

With regards to the books and practice questions by Rob Avery and Bob Tait are these readily available at Jandakot?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

777Efoh
25th Apr 2013, 01:02
Hi Weathergirly,

I am planning to do the license conversion in Perth as well. Was planning to go with AFT and sent them an email as I am currently overseas but didn't hear a peep from them. Heard Rob Avery's study guide is not quite updated. Ad Astral have an IREX course but not sure about the rest. If the costs for ground courses at a flying school is not much more than a self study course, then I'd rather do that.

When do you plan on taking the exams? I might do it in June. Keep in touch!