PDA

View Full Version : Spotted at Glasgow - Can anyone identify please

Pressonitis
12th Apr 2013, 14:09
Spotted on the executive jet parking area at Glasgow airport recently. Twin jet executive aircraft with anhedral horizontal stabilizers positioned below engine exhaust. Stabilizers very similar in size and angle to an F4 Phantom. Aircraft look stunning, but can't find any information/pictures when looking through executive jet directory.

Would most appreciate if anyone can throw any light on this aircraft make/model/etc.

Thanks

:confused:

durry
12th Apr 2013, 14:33
Sounds like Italian Learjet I-FORR

DaveReidUK
12th Apr 2013, 15:45
Twin jet executive aircraft with anhedral horizontal stabilizers positioned below engine exhaust.Those are in case that big flat thing on top of the fin falls off. :O

Joking aside, unlike the Phantom, where they are the horizontal stabilizers, the Learjet's ventral fins are there for roll stability, and are variously referred to as "chines" or "delta fins". On the LJ they are detachable, and the aircraft is certificated to fly without them, provided that the yaw damper is serviceable to counter the Dutch roll that would otherwise result.

WIDN62
13th Apr 2013, 08:35
Google I-FORR - there are some nice photos of it there to go along with the remarkably sensible answers (for this forum)!

Pressonitis
13th Apr 2013, 11:00
durry :ok:

WIDN62 :ok:

Many thanks for your prompt responses.

DaveReidUK - When originally observed, unfortunately the top of the tail was hidden behind an obsruction, so I only observed the lower half of the Tailplane Assy..., hence my question. Thanks however for the amplified explanation.

:ok: