PDA

View Full Version : C172 AMM - does anyone have a copy of it?

azbzed
12th Apr 2013, 10:05
Hi,
does anyone happen to be owner of a digitized copy of Cessna 172(R) Air Maintenance Manual? Would have to refer to it in order to write a paper about the general requirements of maintenance requirements for the aircraft.

Engineer_aus
14th Apr 2013, 00:29
Contact Cessna. Most workshops have a cd of the manuals.

azbzed
14th Apr 2013, 14:35
Thanks, guess it isn't as available as I first thought.

Contacted a company near me that was luckily willing to show the AMM at the location.

But in general, is it correct that maintenance takes place every 50h/+-10h OR 90days/+30days. Of course there are other schemes as well, but just generally.

Also, which maintenance licence holders are allowed to maintain Cessna? Basically A, B1 and B2(avionics) licence classes could be related to C172, but who can do which tasks?

jxk
21st Apr 2013, 05:54
I think maintenance organisations would be a little reluctant to 'give' you a copy of the MM as they have to pay a huge sum to keep this information up to date.

Chock Chucker
22nd Apr 2013, 05:59
Hi azbzed,

You may be able to do a Goole search on the net & possibly find C172 AMM & burn it to a CD for your reference purposes.

If not most Aircraft Maintenance Engineer training colleges / Flight training colleges should have this & may be willing to burn you a copy to CD.

Maybe some owners of Cessna C172 (R) aircraft may have AMM also especially if they are engineers & own their own C172 aircraft & do the maintenance themself.

All the best.

Chock Chucker :ok:

Engineer_aus
22nd Apr 2013, 13:43
It all depends on the maintenance schedule set out in the aircrafts log book. In Australia it would 99% of the time be schedule 5, so it is normally a 50hrly and a 100hrly +- 10hrs.

azbzed
17th May 2013, 12:45
Nope, local searches were still a useless.
It all depends on the maintenance schedule set out in the aircrafts log book. In Australia it would 99% of the time be schedule 5, so it is normally a 50hrly and a 100hrly +- 10hrs.

Could someone, preferably European, give a example of a maintenance cycle/steps, derived from AMM? Most countries have regulated small aircraft maintenance, but our CAA basically says 'refer to manufacturer AMM'.

no-hoper
18th May 2013, 19:47
An older version of C172 maintenance manual:

http://www.micro-tools.com/pdf/Cessna/C … _69-77.zip (http://www.micro-tools.com/pdf/Cessna/Cessna172_SM_69-77.zip)

Checks are scheduled every 50h and 100h.Some additional items at 200h,500h and
1000h.On top one annual check.
For maintenance licence holders it is now B3,details in EASA EU 1149/2011...

azbzed
19th May 2013, 05:17
Oh thank you so-very-much, no-hoper! Really appreciate it. Are my searching skills really that bad or it is rather tough to find item on the Internet?

Two last questions, a bit off topic from this subject, but hopefully not that much:
1. The EASA regulations are a bit blurry - do I understand correctly, that 50-h maintenance certificate of release to service can be issued by a pilot-owner, as those items fall into limited pilot-owner maintenance task list?
2. There are so different sums referring to annual maintenance cost. It certainly depends on n+1 factors, but could there be brought out median annual maintenance cost of C172, implying no defects are found, basically referring to service fees only? Again, European references, if possible, would be of higher value for me.

Thanks again!