PDA

View Full Version : Wizz W6 3009 OTP to LTN 11.04.2013

arevell
12th Apr 2013, 09:20
Curious only....

I was on this flight yesterday evening, not chat from the flight deck during the flight until 10 min pre-landing call, then c. 20-30 mins holding after which we started our approach which resulted in a go-around and still no comments from the crew.

Post-landing, some low cloud but weather did not seem to be a factor.

Okay, no drama but, I was wondering what was the cause and also why the lack of communication?

On a separate subject, I would be interested if any frequent users of LTN (crew and passengers) have raised the appalling levels of inbound services with the Management of the airport and what the reaction was e.g. delays in offloading passengers because of lack steps, constant delays for luggage etc?

Mr @ Spotty M
12th Apr 2013, 21:01
You will not get anywhere with your letter.
The airport does not handle pax services, it did many many years ago but not now.

Hotel Tango
12th Apr 2013, 22:31
The holding may have been due to traffic congestion plus the need for extra spacing to get outbounds away. The go-around might possibly have been due to previous landing not vacating runway in time and nothing to do with the weather.

Phileas Fogg
13th Apr 2013, 14:34
why the lack of communication

How much was your fare ... Ever heard of the saying "You get what you pay for"?

AviationNE
16th Apr 2013, 16:44
Hi if it was around 1900-2000 it was due to cb's on final approach so our captain said causing holding