PDA

View Full Version : Any news on selling the Hawker line of jets???

robbreid
10th Apr 2013, 22:34
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd208/robbreid/HawkersinStorage_zps4a5ccec3.jpg
Hawker's waiting for a buyer to build them ???

LGW Vulture
10th Apr 2013, 22:40
Forget it. The line is dead.

Flying Mechanic
11th Apr 2013, 04:19
Come on China, save them! Build them in the USA, fly them green to china, finish them off.....sell them 25% cheaper.

ra4000
11th Apr 2013, 15:26
A plastic airplane made in China
Doesn't get any better than that

dynamite dean
11th Apr 2013, 16:21
I fly the Hawker 4000, what a machine , I wish they would but alas no chance now. Its a criminal act the way HB have left the owners hung high and dry. I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes, they certainly wont be getting any good press this side of the Black Sea....

robbreid
11th Apr 2013, 17:57
Something must be up, they own a ton of Hawkers - used and new - and nothing is currently for sale - I can only assume everything is getting thrown into a deal.

McDoo
11th Apr 2013, 22:05
The clue is on the computer screensaver. Airbus have managed to delist the hangars and want to bulldoze the site. The jigs (original, and still made of wood) will go too. The cost of moving them before this act of historical vandalism would be too prohibitive for any potential buyer. RIP the Hawker.:{

robbreid
24th Apr 2013, 10:46
Reorganized Beechcraft ‘on a good foundation now,' says CEO | Wichita Eagle (http://www.kansas.com/2013/04/22/2773237/ceo-reorganized-beechcraft-on.html)

Evanelpus
24th Apr 2013, 13:14
First Raytheon, then Hawker Beechcraft raping another part of the British aircraft industry.

I'm surprised it's taken so long to reach this point.

Evanelpus
24th Apr 2013, 13:17
By the way, where was the picture taken? Doesn't look like Chester!!

silverknapper
24th Apr 2013, 17:12
Chester.........

silverknapper
15th May 2013, 14:05
Expect an announcement in the near future.

CaptainSox
15th May 2013, 22:59
Can't wait tell me now... please please... oh actually I can.

Why post such things honestly unless you have some useful information? blaaaahhhh

His dudeness
16th May 2013, 11:20
Can't wait tell me now... please please... oh actually I can.

Very useful info, thanks a lot.

HyFlyer
16th May 2013, 18:00
I always expect an announcement in the future......

It is very hard to retrospectively make an announcement in the past....!

You are not communicating new information with your post.....

x933
16th May 2013, 22:19
Be patient. EBACE is next week.

Booglebox
17th May 2013, 08:38
Be patient. EBACE is next week.

Indeed. I note that there is only a "beechcraft corporation" stand...

horatio_b
18th May 2013, 21:35
Some information here

http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/ainalerts/2013-05-16/beech-readies-sell-hawker-jet-division

DocHawker4K
21st Aug 2013, 18:54
Hi,

Our company went to expense to put a deposit on the Hawker 4000 after I did an extensive study of the plane. I would love to own one despite the fact that the line appears to be totally dead. I was wondering if you would be so kind as to email me and let me know how she flies? How many hours do you have TT and also in the 4K? I think the 308a engines were a perfect choice for the plane and after flying the 800XP with the 731-5BR engines the 4K should do very well indeed. Just curious.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

dynamite dean
22nd Aug 2013, 13:28
you can email me docH4K I'll be happy to answer any Q's been flying the bird for two years now - so long as you know what your getting for the 'right' price and you know what you want from it - aside from that its a rocket in the climb. Its not all totally doom and gloom if your willing to hang onto it for 5 years+ or so and you give yourself a couple of million or two set aside for it. Under very specific conditions it's good buy but you have to know.

Philobeddo
18th Sep 2013, 00:53
OK. I'm new here, and I read the thread about buyers from about 8 months ago.

I just heard, from three different, reliable people, there is a buyer for the Hawker/Beechcraft jet line. Supposedly, there will be an announcement in 30-45 days.

Anyone else hearing anything similar?

Thanks in advance.

HS125
19th Sep 2013, 14:55
If there is any weight to that, the timescale would figure as it looks like it's timed around the NBAA/BACE show.

Hi-Alt
19th Sep 2013, 20:47
Beechcraft: Deal Near To Sell Hawker 4000, Premier Jets
Beechcraft is nearing the sale of its Hawker 4000 and Premier I/IA assets, a step agreed to earlier this year as part of the Wichita OEM’s emergence from bankruptcy. The sale includes items such as type certificates, parts and tooling, as well as the composite manufacturing facility in Wichita known as Plant III. A Beechcraft spokeswoman said potential buyers are currently performing due diligence, and CEO Bill Boisture told AIN that he is “confident” a deal will happen by year-end. Meanwhile, the company is retaining all items for the Hawker 125 and 400XP (née Beechcraft 400A) and their associated aftermarket business. The company also continues to support both of these fleets, as well as the Beechcraft turboprop and piston lines, through its Global Customer Support organization. Addressing continued inquiries as to whether Beechcraft might relaunch production of upgraded Hawker 125s or 400XPs, Boisture said, “I think it’s a very low probability.”