PDA

View Full Version : New Speedway on 09/27 Wyalkatchem,WA

poteroo
10th Apr 2013, 03:29
No sooner has the Council built a new runway at Wylie, than they are 'renting out' the main runway for car racing. One can only hope they are renting it, because when the repair bills arrive - the kitty might be empty. Wonder how it affects 09/27 's status for RFDS ops?

happy days,

avconnection
10th Apr 2013, 13:31
Antilag Racewars, similar events are held at Dalwallinu, Wongan Hills and another location in the south west.

Antilag Racewars | 6-7 April 2013 Wyalkatchem Aerodrome (http://www.racewars.com.au/)

There was a roll over half way through the day, the event was suspended while the RFDS attended. Driver and passenger both ok.

I believe the event was pretty expensive to attend and given it was participated by many $400,000+ cars I'd say it has sponsored the new runway. Seems daft to run a roll on drag race down hill though.

Wallsofchina
10th Apr 2013, 22:07
Might be very short lived with photos showing no roll cages, passengers allowed, and a rollover already.

avconnection
11th Apr 2013, 07:46
Pretty standard for a non-andra or non-cams event. I wouldn't expect to see too many street registered Maclaren mp4-12c's or Aventador's with roll cages. Not much different from events held at Wanneroo or Collie.

Still be interesting to see how the shire takes the event; my guess is all they see is green.