PDA

View Full Version : B777 eng out SID pop up

ricfly744
8th Apr 2013, 19:58
I am out of the 744, and now, very happy flying the T7 with most of the best and latest available features.
One is the ENG OUT SID pop up that shown on Legs pg in case of eng fail.
I need help on this.....the FCOM does not say much (here bellow), the FCTM and CBT don't even mention it.

Engine Out (EO) SIDS

Displays airline-defined single engine-out SIDs and all transitions for the selected runway. EO SID can be viewed before takeoff by line selecting and selecting the Legs page. EO SID automatically selected during takeoff if an engine-out detected prior to “flaps up”. The modification can be either executed or erased. If an EO SID does not exist, NONE displays.

PUSH - displays EO SID as the selected SID

I would like to know at least this:
- what sensor triggers it (I read unofficial stuff mentioning a sensed drop in N1)
- at which moments, speed, time elapsed or alt, it may show or be inhibited?
- if you decide to execute it after normal SID LNAV has engaged, LNAV stays engaged? Assuming before a turn or 1st wpt.

If you know more, tell me all.

Thank you.

nitpicker330
9th Apr 2013, 00:14
1/ what triggers it? The a/c senses Engine failure, does it matter how? Can you change it? Don't worry about filling your brain with useless info...:sad:

2/ when will it appear? When it needs to. :D

2/ execute it, yes it stays in LNAV :ok:

Ex Douglas Driver
9th Apr 2013, 04:31
AIMS is the common link between most systems, and the AIMS cabinets supply a digital signal for engine fail warnings. The Flight Management Computing System within AIMS will use this to determine EO ops. The FMC puts the EO SID into the route as a modification if an engine failure is sensed, and the flaps are extended, and the navigation database has an EO SID for the departure runway.

Generically, the EEC is monitoring engine parameters, and outputs engine data and system status to the systems ARINC 629 buses (through the Engine Data Interface Units (EDIUs)), from which AIMS and other systems will use the data. AIMS also receives analogue N1 & N2 data direct from the tachometers for use when there is no digital engine speed data (e.g. EEC failure).

For Thrust Asymmetry Compensation, the TAC function receives thrust data for the two engines from the EDIUs. The EDIUs use the N1 signals from the EECs to calculate the thrust values. The EECs also send other engine data to the EDIUs to make sure that the thrust value is accurate. The EDIUs send the engine thrust data to the PFCs through AIMS. The PFCs use the difference between the thrust signals to calculate rudder and rudder trim commands.

Capn Bloggs
9th Apr 2013, 04:46
Don't worry about filling your brain with useless info...
Nice. What about a fire where the system may not detect a "failure" but you may want to follow the EO SID anyway? :cool:

nitpicker330
9th Apr 2013, 10:38
Yes that's why you are a professional Pilot and by now should be able to remember there are escape proceedures for some ports. That's why we brief each and every departure. If the FMC engine out doesn't pop up on departure then I know to do it anyway...........

For me this "feature" is nice but I don't rely on it. Just like the TAC on the 777 ( don't rely on it working )