PDA

View Full Version : Gatwick Security-Asthma Inhalers

QPRTom
8th Apr 2013, 17:38
Hi,
In a few days time i will be using London Gatwick airport for the 1st time and i was wondering if anybody knew what the policy was when it came to Asthma inhalers(Ventolin and Qvar). Through security.

Should mention this is a 5 day trip to Sicily (http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Tourism-g187886-Sicily-Vacations.html),
so i will need to take the one I'm actuary using,
along with a spare inhaler, or my daily Qvar inhaler in-case my checked luggage goes missing.

Anybody had problems with this?
how did you carry them(liquids bag,in their box etc...)
Sorry for stupid questions haven't flown commercially for a couple of years.

DaveReidUK
8th Apr 2013, 18:35
https://www.gov.uk/hand-luggage-restrictions/essential-medicines-and-medical-equipment

QPRTom
8th Apr 2013, 19:21
Thanks for the link,

The only place i didn't think to look, is the only one that actuary gives me a clear
answer . :ugh:

MathFox
12th Apr 2013, 11:43
One recommendation I heard is to carry medicines in the original box, with the pharmacy sticker that mentions your name an usage. (But that could be more a customs recommendation)

Paphian
13th Apr 2013, 14:46
We have never had a problem at Gatwick or any other airport, my wife puts hers in the plastic bag, also carries insulin in a gel pack no problem (yet)

dickym
16th Apr 2013, 09:18
...and nor should you have a problem.

Your Ventolin inhaler has been prescribed for a reason, so you need it with you at all times. Please don't be separated from it.

(Aside from the health aspects, the time it takes for the CC to open up the first aid kit / get the 'ok' from the patient and then administer can delay the a/c quite a bit ;) !!)

vctenderness
16th Apr 2013, 09:27
A small point but opening the kit on the ground is not allowed it can only be used in flight.

So no delay for that reason .

mad_jock
16th Apr 2013, 10:54
Aye but once its opened in flight as soon as the aircraft is on the ground again its grounded until the first aid kit is inspected and resealed.