PDA

View Full Version : 'Free Spirit Airlines' - Australia

laz219
8th Apr 2013, 01:40
I was looking around at job availability today and came across one for 'Free Spirit Airlines' which are offering a cadet program.
I'm not actually interested in it but it got my attention because it's a start-up airline in Australia I've never heard of.

I'm just curious if anybody knows much about them?
FREE SPIRIT AIRLINES PILOT CADETSHIP (http://fsacadet.info/index.html)

Luke SkyToddler
8th Apr 2013, 05:00
Nobody has heard of them, by their own admission they don't have an AOC yet (i.e. they don't actually exist), the website looks like a premade template off that free Microsoft program, there is no details whatsoever of who they are, what or where they might be flying ( although the picture is of a Nomad :rolleyes: ) and they want you to pay them $147,500 i.e. double the going rate, for the privilege of being "selected" for their training program?

And I love this bit Following a ‘cooling-off’ period and subsequent payment of fees, the applicant will commence pilot training. i.e. they want the money up front

Obviously April Fool's has come a few days late in Australia :mad::mad::mad:

laz219
8th Apr 2013, 06:17
I thought it seemed pretty dodgy, between the website and pricing.

cameronmcintosh
13th May 2013, 03:18
defiantly seems a bit risky :S
they stated that the aircraft they will be flying is a "36 seater jet" and they didn't name the model due to legal rights but all that come to mind is the 36 seat embraer 135 jet.

onehitwonder
3rd Jul 2014, 08:04
interesting to see these guys have gotten there act together and seem to be moving forward. Terminal @ YMEN and AOC approved, still yet to see aircraft though...

onehitwonder
23rd Oct 2014, 09:37
Free spirit running Melbourne to Burnie I hear on the grape vine, interesting choice of aircraft

Mach E Avelli
2nd Nov 2014, 01:40
Try this simple test. Go to their website, try to book a flight to anywhere with them.
Do not confuse them with a similarly named airline in the USA which really does fly real aircraft to real destinations.