PDA

View Full Version : Waypoint vs. Regular FTO

captain.weird
7th Apr 2013, 21:23
Hi there

I just took a look at the website of OAA and I'm already following the Waypoint programme for some years, and from 2008 till now, the price for this programme increased with 10,000 pounds!

Today it costs 36,000 pounds. I know a few people who paid this amount for the whole frozen ATPL with other FTOs.

How much does an airline look at the school? In this case, it is modulair. So does it make some 'difference'? Will an airline prefer a ex student from Waypoint rather than someone which had studies at a regular FTO? Like Stapleford or so..

Regards

captain.weird
12th Apr 2013, 17:20
So no one here who did the Waypoint programme? Will these students come on the 'waiting list' for Ryanair or will the pilot provisioning department help them or not?

pakythepilot
12th Apr 2013, 22:14
no, if you enroll as a waypoint student, you don't get any aid to gain your first employment so at the end we can say that it's like any other modular flying school. But if you want to have a "cool" flight school name on your CV my advice is to go to CTC, at least you will spend £25K-26K and save £10K.

captain.weird
13th Apr 2013, 15:16
Thanks man.