PDA

View Full Version : Dust devils in Dubai

Eastern_Skyjets
6th Apr 2013, 18:33
anyone have any problem getting in to DXB today due to weather? looks terrible out there, cant see my hand in front of my face!

Wizofoz
6th Apr 2013, 18:38
Watchinbg the fire-works outside and listening to the rain right now. The once-a-year thunder storm is here.

Yes, it usually causes chaos.

givemewings
6th Apr 2013, 19:11
It was pretty gross in the Marina this afternoon, (dusty/windy) but no rain until about 9pm. were etting thunder and lightning awhile ago in downtown area, friends got a nice view of the Burj being hit by lightning a few times. Seems to be clearing a bit now, rain in bits here and there, but can't see any lights past festival city way. Guess the airport will still be getting it then.

Capt Groper
6th Apr 2013, 19:13
NOTHING TO BE WORRIED ABOUT

oz in dxb
6th Apr 2013, 20:37
Not nice being stuck in the hold and told 2 hours prior to being released!

Mr Mac
7th Apr 2013, 08:25
Getting a bit of a feature as was SLF into DXB in early Dec with a large thunderstorm and same again yesterday - must be carrying some sort of lightning rod !. :ouch:

falcon12
7th Apr 2013, 17:55
Must be getting bad over in DXB as had to shift a B747 off the ramp at FJR this evening to make way for possible diversions. Then it started raining with thunder and lightning. Its April. WTHIH!!!

brakedwell
7th Apr 2013, 21:11
I can remember when rain used to close the sand runway at Sharjah at this time of the year, but that was before Dubai had an airport.

Gulfstreamaviator
7th Apr 2013, 23:32
Don't think it has improved that much.

glf

White Knight
8th Apr 2013, 17:39
Then it started raining with thunder and lightning. Its April. WTHIH

Actually; late March and early April is when the big boomers happen in the UAE! Most vicious storms I've seen were in April...

Farrell
9th Apr 2013, 03:31
The "haboob" came through Oman over the past few days.
Wind is still high. Need to keep an eye out for flying debris: some as small as a stick, others as big as those corrugated metal sheets that they put around building sites.
One of them sailed past the jeep earlier. Could easily decapitate some pour bricklayer on a bicycle.

Summer is coming. Onwards and upwards, gentlemen.