PDA

View Full Version : URGENT NEED OF ADVICE!!

williamazango
5th Apr 2013, 14:23
In zimbabwe we have two flight schools only,of which their pricing is similar,how can i compare the best?

paco
5th Apr 2013, 16:05
Go visit them. Don't pay up front.

Phil

keith williams
5th Apr 2013, 16:14
If the inflation rate in Zimbabwe is as bad as the news reports say, then you are probably better off if you do pay up front. It's obviously a bit of a gamble, but if paying up front fixes the price and you actually get the training that you paid for then it could be less expensive than pay as you go.

There are of course several ifs in what I have just said!

flighttimer
6th Apr 2013, 09:07
Just visit, best way.

Tinstaafl
6th Apr 2013, 18:35
Talk to present & past students about how they were treated. Contact local examiners to try to find out about pass rates from each school.

williamazango
10th Apr 2013, 12:54
Thank you very much for your valuable advices,i went over the schools and discovered that the other one wants once off payment on groundschool fee while the other is offering installments plans,what more should i be aware of?

Tinstaafl
10th Apr 2013, 16:47
Don't pay up front any more than you're prepared to lose if the company goes bankrupt. What protecton is there for your funds if you do pay up front? Escrow account? Other account that requires your approval to draw on the funds? If payment by installment then what are the progress points or performance guarantees that signify another round of payment?

Have you spoken to their students? Without company staff. What do they say about their experience there?