PDA

View Full Version : looking for a GA airfield

Eastern_Skyjets
4th Apr 2013, 19:17
Gday, I am wondering is there much GA in UAE?

I am a keen aircraft and GA enthusiast and wondered what the GA scene is like over here?

have not been here that long

Many Thanks

Gulfstreamaviator
5th Apr 2013, 09:39
NO, but it does depend on what the real question is.

IF you are looking for soem microlight flying, then YES, just down the road, and you will see them every evening in the ircuit.

There was a great GA field in UAQ, but closed for polital reasons. (Don't ask).

If you want to charter a C172, then the answer is really NO.

But the worls is changing, promises are made...so lets wait and see.

It is easier to charter a small boat than a small aircraft.

Glf

Eastern_Skyjets
5th Apr 2013, 14:32
Thankyou for that information, unfortunaltley I have never flow microlights but is'nt there a weight restiction of 60kg max?

yes my plan was to rent a Piper or a Cessna for some private flying, will have to wait and see what happens with GA in UAE.

a747jb
6th Apr 2013, 09:45
Hey Eastern_Skyjets

Gulf is correct in what he says. However, I would highly recommend at least checking out the Jazeera Aviation club in Ras Al Khaimah. I am a member there and its full of great guys. The airplanes are indeed microlights, and they are called Aeroprat A-22's if you want to look them up. They are slightly smaller than a 152 but are good fun to fly. The club also has gyrocopters and liftshift flying as well as the occasional instructor who does powered parachutes. As gulf said, there are some things on the horizon for more substantial GA, but only time will tell. But by all means, go check out Jazeera. You will enjoy it out there I think. :)