PDA

View Full Version : Cancelled fr1085

Prazum
3rd Apr 2013, 22:23
My friends were due on this flight from RZE to BHX. Ryanair cancelled the flight. But I've just checked flight radar 24 and the flight is being mapped as in flight ! Can anyone explain what might be going on?

Thanks in advance

flyingtincan
4th Apr 2013, 07:30
FR24 shows flights for March 17,19,26,28 and April 3.
What day did your friends expect to travel?

DaveReidUK
4th Apr 2013, 08:55
My friends were due on this flight from RZE to BHX. Ryanair cancelled the flight. But I've just checked flight radar 24 and the flight is being mapped as in flight ! Can anyone explain what might be going on? FR1084/1085 operated Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays in March, but now operates only on Wednesdays and Sundays (although last Sunday's outbound was around 14 hours late and I believe the return flight was cancelled).

Is that what you're referring to ?

CheekyVisual
4th Apr 2013, 12:00
Big problems at RZE at the moment. They are moving the runway thresholds and the old instrument procedures are based on the old runway landing zone positions and therefore can not be used. The replacement approaches require visual manouvres below minima so they have very high minima so any weather now leads to a diversion and usually the cancellation of the return flight.

Basically they have started the work before the weather has improved so a bit of a cock up. Modlin part 2 !

Prazum
4th Apr 2013, 14:04
Ah thx for the information. I suspect the problem is as the post above this one suggests. Thank you