PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair checked bag query

25F
3rd Apr 2013, 15:16
Persons A and B are travelling Ryanair and have one checked bag between them, which is on the booking under Person A's name. But then Person A is unable to make the journey, and Person B is going by themselves. Is Person B able to use the bag which is on the booking under Person A's name?

deltahotel
3rd Apr 2013, 16:36
Almost certainly not, I wager.

25F
3rd Apr 2013, 17:14
Yes, I fear you are right. Ts & Cs state:
"The transfer of a checked bag from one passenger to another is not permitted."

Trust Ryanair to make *not* travelling an optional chargeable extra.

You could probably manage it in a less jobsworth country than the UK, though.

ExXB
3rd Apr 2013, 17:28
... and I thought Cryanair was Irish. :rolleyes:

flyingtincan
4th Apr 2013, 07:48
If a passenger off-loads (or otherwise chooses not to travel) their bag must be off-loaded (or not loaded in the first place) - basic security.

If a passenger chooses not to travel there is no refund - passenger agreed terms and conditions as part of the low fare deal.

If a second passenger wishes to add and pay for a bag to their existing flight booking - they can.

All baggage must be clearly identified with an on-board passenger - same for all airlines.

darkroomsource
4th Apr 2013, 09:39
low fare deal
ha ha ha ha

ExXB
4th Apr 2013, 10:04
Since Cryanair's baggage fees are €15~45 it wouldn't make much sense for them to offer a 'change' facility (costing €30~60) for their baggage charges.

Youse pays your money, and youse take your chances ...

Anansis
4th Apr 2013, 20:29
Call them and ask - they might surprise, especially if the baggage is paid for on the same booking. I recently had to change the spelling of a name on a booking. I was resigned to paying a fortune, but Ryanair did it for free and it only took about two minutes.

There's a local rate phone number on the website. The phone call will cost buttons so its definitely worth checking with them. Good luck, and please let me know how you get on for future reference :ok:

25F
5th Apr 2013, 21:55
Too late now, but I didn't hold out much hope as the Ts & Cs state clearly that baggage is not transferable. Thoroughly annoying, as the *cost* of changing one database field is almost immeasurably small.

Yes, "business model" etc.

No, I do not fly Ryanair if I can possibly help it.