PDA

View Full Version : Leather aircrew jackets for airline and corporate pilots?

chopper2004
2nd Apr 2013, 22:15
Question for those airline and corporate pilots - I know the stateside operators such as FedEx, American and ABX Air Cargo do have leather A2 flight jackets approved for uniform wear and issued, any other operators around the world that issue leather aircrew jackets as such? During my frequent trips stateside, I always see crews at various airports such as LAX, O'Hare, DFW and Houston wearing black leather A2 jackets with wings brevet and captain / F/O slides.

Where do the operators get their jackets supplied by?

Also on this side of the Atlantic and Channel :) does any airline or corporate crews get issued with leather aircrew jackets as in the ones supplied to RAF/AAC/FAA crews from Aviation Leathercraft? Or is it up to the individual?

Cheers

galaxy flyer
3rd Apr 2013, 00:27
Use Pop's Leathers in Incirlik, TU. great jackets, service and is very commonly used in the US. Online orders, us Google them.

GF

Sepp
3rd Apr 2013, 09:29
We (UK AOC) used jackets from Aviation Leathercraft. Very good they were, too!

mushroom69
3rd Apr 2013, 17:03
Also Perronis Leather....I think they are in New York. Italian family-owned, immigrants to US. Very good.

tommoutrie
4th Apr 2013, 07:26
dont wear your bars on the jacket. Or a coat. Thats just bloody wierd..

FrankR
4th Apr 2013, 10:12
I don't understand, why is it "weird" to wear your bars on a leather jacket? We used to wear them on our woolie- pully sweaters as well. I believe that it they have the epaulettes installed, you should put your bars on them...

Just my style I guess, but if you don't care for them, maybe get a position where you can wear a business suit?

FR

1Bingo
5th Apr 2013, 20:27
American Airlines uses Perrone Aviation Apparel:

Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce (http://www.perroneapparel.com/index.php)

My jacket has my aircraft embroidered inside, which I think is kinda cool.

Bingo