PDA

View Full Version : EASA to accept FAA licences as direct equivalent

S-Works
1st Apr 2013, 10:13
Hot of the press, EASA have stated they intend on accepting all FAA licences for direct conversion to Part FCL equivalents. No exams or flights tests required, just pay your money and they will turn up in the post.

Crash one
1st Apr 2013, 10:34
What day is this again?

piperboy84
1st Apr 2013, 11:24
Oh you b%stard, I got all excited after reading the first post, was even gonna sprinkle some sugar on my porridge to celebrate.

Pace
1st Apr 2013, 14:08
No exams or flights tests required, just pay your money and they will turn up in the post.

Bose

Very funny :mad:

Not everyone took your hard grind route to a JAA licence ! ;)

There are an awful lot of pilots around with dual licences who did just that before the loopholes closed and they are usually the worst at damning FAA pilots and heralding their wonderful JAA licences!
Not referring to your good self but many I know of wished I had jumped through those loopholes myself now.

Anyway there should be a differences exam and that's it to convert nothing more is defensible

Intact I have it hot off the press that the FAA have taken over EASA and will now be the worldwide governing authority this was because EASA were determined to be a waste if space, and money and negative to the advancement of aviation in Europe!

Silvaire1
1st Apr 2013, 14:24
There is no such thing as an FAA pilots license... Nobody licenses my ability to fly :) I did demonstrate it to them once and they were happy. :)

Happy Easter - I'll be working after a two nice flights on the weekend.

S-Works
1st Apr 2013, 14:33
Not everyone took you hard grind route to a JAA licence !

April fool aside, I don't recall any hard grind in doing a JAA licence. Exams with CATS at Cranfield and CPL/IR at the now defunct Bonus at Cranfield. It was not exactly difficult. The FAA equivalents were just as simple to do.

Methinks you protesteth to loudly......;)

Pace
1st Apr 2013, 14:43
Methinks you protesteth to loudly......

Me thinks you defend too loudly!!! only joking :)
for my part I am past caring if anyone was forward sighting to jump through loopholes good for them! Wish I had not been so stupid as to not have taken the same route !

Pace