PDA

View Full Version : Cadetships - AUS

flydidi
31st Mar 2013, 04:52
Hi There,
Would anyone know if there is a cut off age in applying for a cadetship in AUS? Say for instance at CTC or Oxford (Jetstar Programme). I'm in my mid-30's and currently working towards my GFPT. Greatly appreciate any information anyone can provide on this. Happy flying all!!! :ugh:

christo88
4th Apr 2013, 10:10
How many hours do you have up at the moment? Mate even if they have a age "requirement" I would still apply. You just never know! Don't give up and follow your dream, If you have decided a "sea change" at mid 30's, then that's a big step.

Safe Landings

Christo

flydidi
4th Apr 2013, 23:38
Thanks for your reply Christo it’s great to have the supportfrom other like-minded people.

I’ve 5 – 10 hours, I’ve always wanted to fly for a living,however when I was 18 years old financially my dream of flying was impossible,now I’m financially stable so it’s possible. It’s unethical not live your dreamif you come from a financially disadvantaged background, you just got to makeit happen.
Not too sure if they mention a cut of age in the application,actually think it’s illegal to do so in Australia, but know in speaking to someinternals they favour 18 year olds…AHHHH!!!!!!
I won’t be giving up that easily, just throwing it out thereto see if anyone has a few thoughts and suggestions on how to get there.

aussiepride
14th Apr 2013, 02:02
I wouldnt think to much into the age flydidi, as they can still get a realistic 25yrs out of if they employ you as a cadet (more than the required of what they would expect), the one thing they will look for however is how "trainable" you are- hence why I would assume they would like the younger crew as they should be more impressionable (maluble- for the loss of a better word but you get the picture), but life experience and maturity can be a very desirable aspect and a leg up on the young guns if you are willing to learn- I think you should be fine mate and good luck- hopefully you hear something back before 17th May.

Cheers,

AP ;)