PDA

View Full Version : Jack Moss

scarecrow18
29th Mar 2013, 19:38
Am I posting this in the correct forum?

Does anyone out there have any memories of a Jack Moss? He flew S58T's on the North Sea and others! He was apparently 'renowned for flying in a sports jackethttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif'. He was my dad!

scarecrow18
30th Mar 2013, 06:51
Does anyone remember Jack Moss??? Apparently he did some time flying S58T's on the North Sea and was renowned for flying in a sports jacket!!

industry insider
30th Mar 2013, 08:12
Yes, I remember Jack from Unst when we used to have a drink (or maybe 2) after a day's work in the bar of the Baltasound Hotel. If I remember he used to enjoy a whiskey.

Laundry Boy would know more I imagine.....

SASless
30th Mar 2013, 13:22
Sports Jacket? The second scruffiest old Tweed thing that I have seen as i remember it.:oh:

Very much the Gentleman Jack was too....loved his wry sense of humor.:ok::ok:

ScotiaQ
30th Mar 2013, 15:07
Yes remember Jack well from when he flew S58Ts for Management Aviation, which became Bond Helicopters. Don't know what happened to him though.

As SAS says a real gentleman. I enjoyed working with him.

Sq

3D CAM
30th Mar 2013, 19:22
Yes, I also remember Jack from Unst. Lovely man! Had more than a couple of beers with him, and others, in The Baltasound Hotel, back bar?? If I remember correctly he liked to do the early shuttles.:confused::)
3D

scarecrow18
31st Mar 2013, 06:12
He was my dad. My brother found a post re his 'tweed jacket' which I certainly remember. It's lovely to read your comments - Thank you.

industry insider
31st Mar 2013, 07:29
Scarecrow

Your dad was a great character. I enjoyed my evenings shooting the breeze with him in the back bar of the Baltasound Hotel. Always a gent, always a wry sense of humour. I remember those evenings and it was more than 30 years ago, I was a young sprog co pilot.