PDA

View Full Version : licensing caa

sr71bbc
29th Mar 2013, 15:40
i have a jar ppl completed in 2008 and has now expired in 2013, single engine piston rating expired 2010, can someone please advise me what to do ????
thanks

JW411
29th Mar 2013, 17:41
Have you ever considered professional camel racing?

Piper.Classique
29th Mar 2013, 18:42
can someone please advise me what to do ????
thanks Dunno. Do you want to fly aeroplanes?
A: if so, renew.
B: if not, don't

CAA web site has the conditions for choice A

Gomrath
29th Mar 2013, 18:42
i have a jar ppl completed in 2008 and has now expired in 2013, single engine piston rating expired 2010, can someone please advise me what to do ????

You will probably receive a more productive response if you were to show what self investigation you have done yourself and give your findings before asking somebody else to do the basics for you.

Gertrude the Wombat
29th Mar 2013, 20:12
You will probably receive a more productive response if you were to show what self investigation you have done yourself and give your findings before asking somebody else to do the basics for you.
Or even say what it was they were seeking to achieve.

sr71bbc
31st Mar 2013, 16:18
thankyou very much people for some constructive replies

BEagle
31st Mar 2013, 17:37
Basically, you will need to have your licence re-issued as a lifetime EASA Part-FCL PPL(A) with SEP Class Rating.

The good news is that you won't need to sit any theoretical knowledge examinations!

You'll simply need to do the following:

1. Sort out a Medical Certificate. The EASA Part-Med Class II is slightly easier than the JAR-FCL Class II was and your AME will be able to sort you out.

2. Pop down to your local flying club and discuss how much refresher training you might need before you can take a renewal check flight.

3. Do whatever refresher flying you've mutually decided upon.

4. Fly an SEP renewal proficiency check with an Examiner. This isn't the same as the original PPL Skill Test, it's about 1-1½ hours of a short nav section, stalls, steep turns, PFL, and circuits. Nothing you won't have done before.

5. Fill out copious forms and pay the CAA for the issue of your new licence.

If you plan on adding IMC privileges to your licence, it is possible that you may not be able to do so after Apr 2014 - so don't delay if that's an ambition.

Lastly, you may find a more receptive audience if you post such queries as yours on the 'Flying Instructors and Examiners' forum in future. Regrettably, you have had to contend with amatuer comedians on this forum, whereas FIs understand that there's no such thing as a silly question, only a silly answer.

If you join AOPA or LAA, you can also ask those organisations for advice.

Good luck and I hope you're back in the air again soon!

sr71bbc
31st Mar 2013, 18:25
thankyou so much for the advise you have helped out alot thanks a bunch, lastley i want to conduct hour building and night rating (100 hrs hour building , 5 hrs night rating) anywhere cheap in uk or usa anywhere really, cessna or piper pa28.

what is/was better easa or jaa?
does everone in uk have to convert to easa? cant we just stay on jaa
is the easa medical criteria more relaxed/easier than Jaa medical?

thanks again

flybymike
31st Mar 2013, 22:54
is the easa medical criteria more relaxed/easier than Jaa medical?
The amateur comedians will have a field day if you don't even take the trouble to read the answer already given.

The EASA Part-Med Class II is slightly easier than the JAR-FCL Class II

Gomrath
31st Mar 2013, 23:12
does everone in uk have to convert to easa? cant we just stay on jaa
Same applies.... Read before you ask again.