PDA

View Full Version : CEP or ANR

OZ-G10
28th Mar 2013, 07:00
Blokes wearing helmets do you prefer using CEP or ANR? One of the guys I work with has CEP and thinks it's good but it does look somewhat fragile.

185skywagon
28th Mar 2013, 11:06
I have anr retrofitted to a gallet LH 050
Well worth it. Fitted by a bloke in NSW.

Katoom
29th Mar 2013, 03:02
CEP is the way to go. I have used the genuine one and also made my own for my Gentex. No batteries to worry about and superior sound attenuation.

havick
29th Mar 2013, 06:02
Cep hands down.

No power required, far more reliable.

Just try all the different size tips to get the set that are the most comfortable for you.

Super Cecil
29th Mar 2013, 07:56
Depends on how you go with sticking things right into your ear, me being a sensitive soul I have a hard timesticking those things in. If your an old fart you have trouble getting them in because of the excess hair stickin out your ears as well!!!!!!!!!! Another factor is how much flying you do, your ear might be able to handle 3 or 4 hours with those things stuck in, try it for 12 and see how goes it. For me ANR works well and is comfortable, not CEP.

OZ-G10
29th Mar 2013, 10:41
I wear regular earplugs all day so as long as they are no more uncomfortable than that it should not be a problem. As long as it works well and lasts that's all I want.

davidclarke
29th Mar 2013, 11:48
Anyone know anything about this new headset from DC?

DC PRO-X: DC PRO-X | David Clark Company | Worcester, MA (http://www.go-dcpro.com/home)

LadyLlamapilot
29th Mar 2013, 12:04
Depends how loud your aircraft is. Mine is obscenely loud so I have a Gallet with ANR which works pretty well, and then I wear earplugs underneath as well. Seems to be a good combo.