PDA

View Full Version : can't believe it

TOWTEAMBASE
27th Mar 2013, 19:04
With the long running rumours of something happening between servisair, swissport and dnata, I'm very surprised that this site is not rife with speculation. It was red hot during servisair/aviance buyout

saggst
27th Mar 2013, 19:16
I'm with you TOWTEAMBASE I'm very surprised that nothing has been said what so ever (maybe it's all lies )

TOWTEAMBASE
27th Mar 2013, 19:22
I can't quite put my finger on it. The difference being with avalanche, it was all quiet....with this it is wildfire, so maybe your right saggst

Trash_Hauler
27th Mar 2013, 21:10
Best thing that could happen is that they band together and at the very least get rid of a certain large Scottish based handling agent that treats their staff like absolute shi... poo! Best move I ever made was getting out of there!!

TOWTEAMBASE
27th Mar 2013, 21:39
Are we talking GLA handling solutions ?

Airfrance7
28th Mar 2013, 13:02
Expect an announcement on this subject in the not too distant future.

TOWTEAMBASE
28th Mar 2013, 16:17
Wednesday of next week by any chance ? What's it likely to be

JackRalston
28th Mar 2013, 16:33
I know what the rumour is about but I'd rather wait until I hear it officially, but it is something major between Swissport and Servisair.

TOWTEAMBASE
28th Mar 2013, 16:42
Yeah we are all hearing it, but not quite believing it. The aviance deal was all hush hush......not this time

Bigbluebroxi
28th Mar 2013, 18:04
Is a merger on the cards?

First I heard of any of this was yesterday, so rumours arent rife at all.

TOWTEAMBASE
28th Mar 2013, 19:00
A buyout is the talk of the town......every town

TOWTEAMBASE
28th Mar 2013, 19:02
Where is SAT 1 when you need him, was always a good one for rumours

Bigbluebroxi
28th Mar 2013, 19:07
A buyout what way?

TOWTEAMBASE
28th Mar 2013, 19:33
This all now seems weird as rumours are rife around the stations, yet very little people on here are aware. It sounds like another servisair/aviance deal, but this time in swissport favour. May just be speculation.......again

Bigbluebroxi
28th Mar 2013, 19:55
It is what I heard yesterday.Swissport or Dnata buyout of ground handling and cargo although thought it was only at our station mind you. Its far from being a hot rumour in our station though. Only one person has mentioned it to me nd you kow how rumours go in an airport!

TBH as long as I get my wages every month I dont care who is employing me,and if they can swallow up the smart handling branch of the business and merge it all back into the one operation then all the better.

TOWTEAMBASE
28th Mar 2013, 20:08
Oh do I ever, airports are run on rumours, the aviation business is so unpredictable now a days. Anything could happen

750XL
28th Mar 2013, 20:38
Rumours :}:}:}

TOWTEAMBASE
28th Mar 2013, 20:39
I hope your right 750XL

TOWTEAMBASE
30th Mar 2013, 10:45
Menzies cargo have been thrown into the mix now !!!

speedbird_481_papa
31st Mar 2013, 18:47
would make sense! My airport are rife with rumors which I know the industry runs on them but I to am shocked about the lack of posts about it on here! I have heard that Servisair at my airport are up for sale with Swissport more than likely stepping in and taking over. Apparently there is to be an announcement this week!

But Still, May all be just Rumors! :\

TOWTEAMBASE
31st Mar 2013, 19:55
Things just don't add up, like people say, if it were true it wouldn't have been leaked, or it would have affected the share prices, whether its true or not, don't drag it out, just come out and say it !!!!

TOWTEAMBASE
3rd Apr 2013, 10:38
So swissport buy SAS handling.......where does that leave the potential buy out of others now ?

Nymeroo
5th Apr 2013, 09:52
I dont think Swissport are going to lose momentum with the buyout of SAS Ground Handling, althou it's far from completed.

Are Swissport monitoring Servisair aswell or what does the rumor say?

TOWTEAMBASE
9th Apr 2013, 17:59
They are rumoured to be interested yeah, along with another handler, but last Wednesdays D day has been and gone, event free

kasuga
11th Apr 2013, 14:49
One of managers at our location is telling everyone that servisair head office are saying that "the rumours are unsubstaniated".

TOWTEAMBASE
11th Apr 2013, 17:34
So why not come and say it publicly, either way, they know the rumour, confirm or deny....simples

sat1
11th Apr 2013, 20:07
My lips are sealed,however, I have always said the future is..................
:ok:

TOWTEAMBASE
12th Apr 2013, 04:27
Oh at last....sat 1......you took your time......your lips have NEVER been sealed. The future is......bleak. Shouldn't you be called sat3 now :)

racasanman
30th Apr 2013, 21:44
Last year Menzies bought out Flight Support after many months of rumours and denials then this February stated that there would not be enough work for the summer and that there would be redundancies,mainly team leaders and many of the other ramp guys going on part time hours.I did not want to work for such an amateurish company so took the money after 26 years on the ramp.I heard today that one of the remaining team leaders refused to accept a new Menzies contract yesterday and was told that he was redundant as from today.Ramp work used to be a great job but the companies involved now are a complete joke.It doesn't matter who takes over who they are all as bad as each other.

THEGRAFTER
22nd Jul 2013, 21:58
Its true a memo went round all the Departments today.By Jan 2014 We will be wearing red....