PDA

View Full Version : Renting in Dubai (non-EK)

High Energy
27th Mar 2013, 18:35
I'll be moving to Dubai shortly and maybe someone already there can help me a little. Looking at the rental prices for, lets say a 3 bedr villa with garden, how much should I expect to pay extra (roughly) for utilities, gas/water/electricity per month. (family of four)

I've read some astronomical prices that surely can't be right?! (AED6500 p/month on top of the monthly rental price)

Anyone with insight on how long a commute is from Arabian Ranches/Springs/Meadows area to Terminal 2??? (flydubai)

Left Coaster
28th Mar 2013, 05:29
What he said...expect to pay a 5 percent fee to the agent, and a 5 percent (refundable) deposit. In addition you will sign a rental agreement and pay ALL your rent in one check. There is a rental ombudsman (RERA...google it) to assist in contractual issues with your landlord, and it's a needed agency, expect lots of broken promises and contracts) Indeed, the rents have skyrocketed in areas. Look into the a newer area called "The Villa". Rents are still lower in that area for a 4 bedroom villa (new) with a pool. Good luck!

vfenext
28th Mar 2013, 09:30
Not all landlords insist on one cheque for the rent. The Villas are ok but still a building site and if you have a pool expect to pay for the maintenance and the water that goes in it.