PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Luxury private jets

researcher1985
27th Mar 2013, 15:58
Hi everyone,

I'm doing some research into luxury air travel, and was wondering if you could let me know what you consider to be the most luxurious private jet available for hire in the world at the moment? So the private jet that passengers can expect to fly in the most comfort and luxury, with cabin crew / flight attendants, gourmet food, champagne, all the mod cons!

I'm not really looking for the personal planes owned by the Sultan of Brunei or any of that sort of thing, it's more the sorts of planes you can hire for a one-off flight.

Any tips would be very much appreciated

Thanks a lot for your time!

silverware
27th Mar 2013, 19:41
If luxury is defined by space: ACJ/BBJ, plenty of (head) room, kingsize beds and bathrooms with a proper shower. (a nightmare to clean but that's just my personal experience...)

mutt
27th Mar 2013, 19:50
There are a number of B767's available for charter, so if you want total luxury, that's the way to go :)

Mutt

antoine.
27th Mar 2013, 20:07
VIP A380...

Tray Surfer
27th Mar 2013, 20:24
antoine.,

Are there any VIP A380 frames available to charter yet?

I did not think any had been completed yet...

TS
:)

HS-125
27th Mar 2013, 20:45
One is in completion now I think, I doubt you will ever see a VIP A380 for charter!

Tray Surfer
27th Mar 2013, 22:43
Ha... Indeed. Could you imagine what the rate would be for that! :{

LGW Vulture
28th Mar 2013, 08:02
There is no VIP A380 full stop and extremely unlikely to be one completed.

The Comlux B767 ex Kazakh Govrnment aircraft is a pretty good completion / fit!

Gulfstreamaviator
28th Mar 2013, 08:16
I know there is some discussion as to who owns this airframe at the moment, but it was close to completion as a private A380.

In that guise it certainly would not be for charter.

I do not know the current status, but other members certainly do.

glf

south coast
28th Mar 2013, 08:17
A BeechJet is a pretty good one too...

FLEXJET
28th Mar 2013, 08:50
I would consider 777 N777AS, then 767s N767KS and P4-CLA (which is underdoing partial refurbishment as I write).

Left Coaster
28th Mar 2013, 15:42
Royal Jet, Abu Dhabi...world wide ops using BBJ's...nice bunch, but no idea how much they want for a charter...expect it's not cheap!

BobMm
29th Mar 2013, 22:22
Try this (http://www.twinjet.co.uk/wp-content/themes/twinjet/documents/airbus-corporate-jet-aircraft-guide.pdf) 319

researcher1985
2nd Apr 2013, 09:45
Thanks guys, these are great!
Just FYI, other ones I've had recommended are: for luxury / creature comforts / mod cons etc. Gulfstream G650, Bombardier Global 6000; and for maximum space, Boeing BBJ or Airbus ACJ.

thanks again, v helpful!

Booglebox
2nd Apr 2013, 10:54
For luxury / creature comfort / mod cons, as you put it, you want as much space as possible.
I'd argue that the real selling point with the G650 and Global 8000 (and current-generation G550 / Global 5/6000 (GLEX)) is the speed. Nice cabin, sure, but you're flying at M0.9, overtaking schmucks in Challenger 850s / Citations (not X ofc) and, for long sectors, beating Falcon 900 / 2000s by a decent margin. An hour less in the cruise is important to some people.
This, combined with nice cabin, long range, and good RWY performance adds up to quite a package, which is why they're so popular.
However, if all you're interested in is the cabin experience (no bad thing - for some pax this is all they care about), I'd argue that bigger is better. 767 / 777 / ACJ / A340 / BBJ / A380VIP (there was one in completions in Basle a few years ago, which I think @GLF alluded to) / 747 VIP (-SP, -400, -8I) / MD-8x (e.g. M-SFAM)
Crazy stuff like baths / showers / hot tubs, full-width retractable rotating dance floors*, massive speaker systems with huge TVs / projectors, sofas, private bedrooms with double beds, ensuite bathrooms and passing corridors, full galley service, business class seating for entourage / bodyguards / press / goons, gyms / exercise stuff, and miniature garages for cars / bikes are only found on airliner-class machines.
And then there's the ramp appeal / prestigious experience of boarding your own personal airliner, instead of a smallish bizjet.

examples of some AOC operators with such birds:
Royal Jet
ExecuJet
Comlux
Global Jet
I think there may be others available for "lease" (bring your own pilots).

*This really exists on a 777.
:8