PDA

View Full Version : TAG

samca
26th Mar 2013, 22:23
Hi guys,

I have recieved this message from TAG Recruitment.

We are delighted to inform you that you have passed our initial selection procedure.
When a vacancy arises which matches your skills and experience we will be in touch with you to arrange an interview.
Kind regards
TAG Aviation Recruitment Team

What can I expect?, I did not update my application since 2011 however I have recieved this message.

Is it TAG recruiting currently?,

Thks;)

duxone
26th Mar 2013, 23:06
Bah....
I received the same message months ago....then nada!ehehehe:confused:

Flying Mechanic
27th Mar 2013, 03:36
They are recruiting heavily in Asia......do u like fried rice?

dss3000
27th Mar 2013, 05:52
I like it, now if they could only call me.:ok:

CaptainProp
27th Mar 2013, 08:04
There are always exceptions but for the Asian operations you need to be type rated otherwise you stand little to no chance to get in.

European operations are the same but there have been people getting through the doors from time to time in the past, without being type rated. From what I hear that is unlikely to happen today unless you are well connected....having military background has certainly helped some guys.

Also keep in mind that TAG Asia has their own online recruitment portal and passing assessment in Europe is not necessarily going to get you through the doors to the Asian operation.

I'm not with TAG but have been through the assessment and passed. Still not with TAG. Get the picture?
Had very good experience through the assessment and I know the people in the European operation quite well and have only, well mostly :E, good things to say about TAG.

Good luck!
CP

samca
1st Apr 2013, 16:32
I don't understand why they change my status if they are not going to offer an interview.

Very rare.

Anyway thank you

CaptainProp
1st Apr 2013, 17:32
I agree, but you never know, maybe they intend to call you in for an interview?

What I find more strange is why they spend time, money and resources interviewing people, putting them through sim assessments and telling them that they have been successful, if they are not intending (?) to hire them.

Don't forget though, we are "only" pilots and not privy to the "big picture".
Who knows, maybe one day the phone rings?

Booglebox
2nd Apr 2013, 11:04
I think they are taking advantage of the market conditions to ensure that they are only hiring who they judge to be the best. Who can blame them? they have the resources to do so.
Hiring should be #1 priority at any successful company (look at Valve). :8

CaptainProp
2nd Apr 2013, 12:27
I think it has little to do with recruiting "the best" or the one that "fits" with the team. TAG, like most companies today, are recruiting type ratings, not people.

Booglebox
2nd Apr 2013, 17:50
That's an excellent point CaptainProp. Naive of me.
:{

cldrvr
2nd Apr 2013, 20:06
Interviews are a great source of information, applicants will bend over backwards to be cooperative to make an impression, you can find out more in an hour interview about your competition than you ever could via public sources.

HIGH5
9th Apr 2013, 13:25
Hi all,

I have recently discovered that I have an Interview coming up with Tag. I understand it has been discussed before, but as there is nothing particularly recent any help would be much appreciated.
Feel free to PM if preferred.

Many thanks

cldrvr
9th Apr 2013, 20:44
who have found themselves out on their ear through no fault of their own

Of course they would say that, they are not going to admit their own shortcomings and feckups for getting fired now are they.....

NW286
10th Apr 2013, 06:48
de fumo in flammam, you are spot on!

Globalstream
10th Apr 2013, 13:34
TAG used to have a reputation for rehiring, certainly for going much further than most other employers as far as crews were concerned. The recent news is not so encouraging and given the numbers involved, there`s no question of them all being let go because of their "shortcomings".

The squeeze is being felt across the industry and that includes companies we all thought of as being relatively "safe". TAG is probably loosing more aircraft than it is acquiring and it`s even harder to move people around in that context.

Because crews are normally hired for a specific airframe, our tenure is dependent on the client more than the management company and for that reason I would always prioritise work with a stable client above a prestige management company.

burners on
10th Apr 2013, 14:08
My understanding is that TAG goes to great lenghts to support its Pilots in their operations and the Pilots are looked after very well. When an aircraft leaves the fleet (through sale or transfer to another management company) the Pilots either find themselves following the aircraft (subject to the new operator) or looking for placement elsewhere in the TAG Fleet. It is not always a case of - no Aircraft no hope etc

On the earlier note of more aircraft leaving the fleet than coming in; I believe that TAG is currently adding a new aircraft to its managed fleet every 3 weeks, on average. (CJI Conf in feb this year)

cldrvr
10th Apr 2013, 17:03
TAG are adding airframes as quick as they can. Any crew that are leaving are either doing so by mutual agreement, or TAG just does not want to offer them another airframe with another owner. Draw your own conclusions, however TAG is not downsizing and not making crew redundant.

My earlier statement still stands, any crewmember that is leaving telling others how "they found themselves out on their ear due to no fault of their own" is telling porkies and hiding the true facts to secure a position elsewhere.

Caveat: most here know that I do not work for TAG, however I do interact with them on several levels very frequently.

Globalstream
10th Apr 2013, 17:28
While being with a larger operator like TAG is usually a happier than the alternative, I would not advise anyone to leave a stable client.

And I stand by my earlier statements. I think it would be a little starry eyed to expect an immediate rehire at TAG or anywhere else, especially onto an aircraft on which you are not already typed and experienced.

Perhaps you have some specific crews in mind, but I would suggest it is quite unfair to make a cynical generalization as to why a crew member was or was not retained if you were not personally involved in the operation. Some accounts can be very difficult, some very political and it's impossible to ever know what happened from the outside. Such is our business.

cldrvr
10th Apr 2013, 17:36
Perhaps you have some specific crews in mind

Yes I do.

if you were not personally involved in the operation

As I said in my post, I don't work for TAG, however I have been "involved/associated" with them for a very long time.

some very political

Some owners more so than others, you work there so I don't have to tell you.

I just wanted to speak up to dispel the tosh uttered by a few posters here who have no personal knowledge and just an axe to grind. There are far worse outfits to work for in the UK. TAG is definitely one of the better ones if you want a career in charter/managed ops.

Globalstream
10th Apr 2013, 20:00
I don`t know any of the guys who were recently made redundant and I don`t work at TAG, but I have a few contacts in each of the European operations (none in Asia or the ME) and experience working for "prestige" companies and I want to humbly urge caution to anyone who might be tempted to trade a position with a stable client to work for any one of them, thinking it will result in a more stable "career".

To be sure, working for TAG, Jet or EJ is far more enjoyable than working for most smaller management companies, nevertheless a "career" there remains dependent on your draw of client, your "fit" and as always, some timing and luck. Any unfavourable aspect or combination thereof can mean a short stint, regardless of "performance" and I think it`s important for crews to remember that when making a decision to leave a good client.

I have heard of and seen a few cases where crews have been rehired, but I`ve seen more who were not and I can`t honestly say the difference between who stayed and who went had very much to do with line performance.

Burners On- 1 per 3 weeks? Are you sure that is in Europe? I would imagine they were referring to the global fleet, specifically Asia.

FrankR
11th Apr 2013, 06:56
From my observations, you should consider that TAG UK, and TAG HK are completely seperate operations. They seem to have, shall we say, original philosophies, and treat people differently.

No mud to sling, but they are different...

FR

NW286
11th Apr 2013, 11:45
FrankR and Globalstream, I couldn't agree more with your respective posts.

TAG is indeed one of the "good" companies to work for, but if you think you have a stable job elsewhere then you'd better stick to it! A significant number of TAG crew have been made redundant in the last twelve months.

As far as TAG Asia is concerned, they're growing but do not expect the same T&Cs as in TAG Europe. It's really another company!

HIGH5
11th Apr 2013, 12:30
Any thoughts or info on the TAG interview/sim ride or anything recruitment related?

Many thanks

burners on
11th Apr 2013, 12:45
Globalstream - Sorry for not being clear, but I believe they were speaking with regards to the Global Fleet.

FrankR
11th Apr 2013, 12:49
Yes, while you can still find a few of the "Old gentlemen" with a long history at TAG USA in Hong Kong who believe in "doing it the right way", they have been seemingly outvoted by the efficient Chinese and Hong Kong methods.

- where is aviation methods when you need them?

FR

Yeager
11th Apr 2013, 21:11
YUP,

Once again choosing the right people to represent AND manage the company and to lead by example seems to be one of the underestimated values of the current business models. In a high recruitment area like Asia - its even more important to have a good name - if you want to attract the "right" guys.
Gaining a rep as a "no so good company" your off to a bad starter when you recruit for the right pilots to fly you important clients. TAG Asia seems to be heading down a bad track on that account - I don't work there - but I've been meeting a few pilots who do - and they are all looking elsewhere as we speak! Just a second hand impression on that note! :ok:

bringbackthe80s
16th May 2013, 11:23
Hi all

is there anyone who works for Tag Asia on the Airbus? Or knows something about it?

Just wanted general info on the contract (any good?), bases, type of job and if they need people in the future (direct capt.) ?

Thanks a lot