PDA

View Full Version : Technical and Regulatory Information

LeadSled
26th Mar 2013, 01:16
Folks,
Those of you who are "information challenged" when it comes to other than local regulatory information, ie: looking for the latest ICAO documents, there are several sources from very obscure web sites ( or at least, obscure to some, like my old mate Bloggs)

The first one, would you believe, is called "pprune".

Yep, the one and only, have a look at the Tech Log for guides to all sorts of useful information, including most ICAO publications, on line at no costs.

There are, of course, many online sites that want you to pay, I wonder does anybody pay, in this day and age??

If pprune fails you, there is that obscure and hard to find place called Google.

Not having to pay for ICAO docs. I need, including update services, has saved me a lot of money in recent years. I applaud the National Aviation Authorities that make all the ICAO document freely available, on line, knowing that is the only way the source material will be used by those who should be using it, but cannot afford the ICAO direct sale prices.

Given Australia's legislated policy of harmonising with ICAO, and selectively actually complying, I wonder if CASA has given any thought to following the example of a number of their counterparts.

Tootle pip!!

PS: ICAO Annex X, Vol. 2 contains "the word" on the conduct of radio communications --- as opposed to "radio procedures".