PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Flight Planning exam paper work to CASA

Hold_Short
25th Mar 2013, 08:10
I guess something is happing with the ATPL Flight Planning.

Anyone sitting the exam now has all their notes and working out sent to CASA for invesigation. Not sure why they would want to see this?

Any information on whether they are considering changing the layout, time, questions? I recall having to spend at least 3-5 minutes per exam just trying to find out what they are actually asking!

:}

717tech
25th Mar 2013, 09:00
They have been collecting everyone's working out for a while now. I didn't think the questions were that vague for flight planning.

FiveHundred_AGL
7th Jun 2013, 10:42
No they do not collect the papers for 'ALL the subejects'^^^
They are collecting papers for ATPL Flight Planning due to current problems.
CASA modified the exam due to alledged cheating, when they did, the pass rate dropped from 60% to around 5%
Ground schools have also had problems getting students to pass the CASA exam since the changes. I don't know why people have said they collect the workings for all exams, they destroy all workings with a paper shredder other than AFPA. Unfortunately pprune is notorious for wrong information.
Check out this link:
Remedy unexplained 94% fail rate of over 100 ATPL candidates Petition (http://www.gopetition.com.au/petitions/remedy-unexplained-94-fail-rate-of-over-100-atpl-candi.html)

Username here
7th Jun 2013, 11:34
I thought that was "fixed".

I'm sitting that bad boy next week... :mad:

More stress I don't need!

FiveHundred_AGL
8th Jun 2013, 06:01
Lol sorry to be the bearer of bad news^^
Mind you AFT only recently had a student pass with 100%
Personally I can't speak for every AFPA exam, and if there indeed are mistakes, which I doubt (Well no more than the usual controversy you expect from a CASA exam anyway), but I'd say it's like most subjects, students often just don't put enough into them, and AFPA clearly takes a lot.
Often a lot of the subjects are talked up, like IREX, when there actually isn't much involved in order to obtain a pass mark, just a little dedicated study.
Good luck with your exam.