PDA

View Full Version : NZ ATPL - Night

OkinawaBlue
25th Mar 2013, 05:02
Hi,

Can someone confirm that I am correct on this matter... For the issue of a NZ ATPL the night requirement is: "100 hours as Pilot in Command or Co-Pilot" - Total night. Am I correct that Dual does not count to this 100 hour requirement? I know it may seem a stuid question. Just seeking clarification.

Cheers.

waren9
25th Mar 2013, 08:48
Correct.

There is also a night cross country nav requirement. Advisory Circular 61-7 refers. This can be done as command practice, not dual. Maybe that's where your confusion lies?

OkinawaBlue
25th Mar 2013, 09:24
Thanks mate.

I have that 25 Command XCountry. The dual I never really thought about as being distinct for some reason until now. Another question: In NZ does Co-Pilot time count half? i.e. 1 hour co-pilot = counts 0.5 towards that 100 hour requirement or is it '1 for 1'?

Cheers

waren9
25th Mar 2013, 15:49
Depends what you want it to count it against.

In the example above its 1:1

In the case of total flight experience required for ATPL issue, not more than 50% may be credited.

CAR part 61.31(a) refers.

OkinawaBlue
25th Mar 2013, 22:57
Cheers,

That is what I thought and have read Part 61. Just wanted to make sure that for night, 1hr Co-Pilot night hour = 1 full hour toward the NIGHT requirement (NZ). However, towards the 1500 TT requirement, 1hr Co-pilot hour = 0.5.

I wanted to make the distinction between Aus ATPL and NZ ATPL where, in the AUS system, 1 Co-Pilot night hour = 0.5 towards their 100 Night requirement.

Essentially NZ less restrictive.

NZScion
25th Mar 2013, 23:57
NZ requires an ATPL flight test so I'd hardly say its less restrictive. I believe the Australian 0.5 co-pilot time requirement is gone with CASR 61, along with the new requirement for a flight test in Aussie.