PDA

View Full Version : OOpppsss... Citation Mishap @ YPPH

Ex FSO GRIFFO
25th Mar 2013, 01:14
Perth radio 6PR reporting an 'incident' at YPPH this morning at around 0630 WST, when the u/c on a departing(?) Citation, 'collapsed'.

2 crew and 6 pax reported as being on board - nil injuries reported.

Nil further, nil delays reported at this time.

flyingfox
25th Mar 2013, 01:15
Look at this tardy piece of reporting by Tayissa Barone from the 'West Australian' newspaper.

'The landing gears on a corporate jet collapsed during take-off at Perth Airport this morning.

An Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) spokesman confirmed eight people were on board the Cessna Citation when the incident happened about 6.30am.

He said the landing gears failed as the jet was taxiing for take-off.

The spokesman said there "there may have been sparks and smoke, but everyone is safe".

Did you see the incident? Email us your pictures or MMS 0402 228 221. |

Perth Airport firefighters and emergency services personnel attended. St John Ambulance was not required.

The ATSB spokesman said the Cessna's had been disabled on the runway after the landing but had since been given permission to be towed.

The spokesman said it was unlikely that the ATSB would investigate the incident.'

Fully informed now? Did the incident occur while taking off, taxiing or landing? How do people with such a poor grasp of writing and facts get jobs as journalists? Work at 'The West' I guess!

flyingfox
25th Mar 2013, 01:59
And then this Aleisha Orr of the SMH.

'A light aircraft has crash landed at Perth Airport.
The incident was reported to police about 6.25am.
It is understood that the plane with eight people on board had issues with its landing gears not extending.
No one was injured.'

Followed later by . . . .

'The main runway at Perth Airport is expected to re-open by 10am after a light aircraft crash landed on take off.
The incident happened about 6am.
A Perth Airport spokeswoman said a small jet aircraft had to abort take off.
"The two main gear tyres blew and, as a result, the aircraft became disabled on the runway," she said. . . . . '

Ex FSO GRIFFO
25th Mar 2013, 02:05
YEP. Radio 6PR now reporting that 2 tyres blew on the T/O run....

6PR not reporting 'aborted' T/O....yet.....

Ah well, its all 'good'....

Cheers :ok:

T28D
25th Mar 2013, 02:59
Positive Rate, gear up ?? or gear up weight off squat switch retract ????

Monopole
25th Mar 2013, 03:06
Positive Rate, gear up ?? or gear up weight off squat switch retract ???? Neither. The gear wasn't retracted. It was an aborted TKOF.

Trojan1981
25th Mar 2013, 03:07
Maxem's nice Encore :(

nitpicker330
25th Mar 2013, 03:14
So, tyres blew on takeoff, crew stopped........

Well done.

Slow news day in WA?

T28D
25th Mar 2013, 03:51
OK Good job then, must have been late in the T/O roll to be fast enough on that runway to do the tyres in !!

flyingfox
25th Mar 2013, 06:01
. . . or brakes on during t/o roll. Possibilities are endless.

Ixixly
25th Mar 2013, 06:14
...Maybe a homeless guy ran onto the runway which caused them to abort the takeoff at which point he proceeded to light their tyres on fire and run around the Citation chanting non-sensical ramblings!! I really hope Journos read this website and take stuff without checking :D

garrya100
25th Mar 2013, 06:25
A Jurno's job is to sell newspapers, never let the truth get in the way of a good story! :}

nitpicker330
25th Mar 2013, 07:16
T28:----so, were the Tyre bursts the cause of or result of the RTO?

I thought they were the cause of.......:confused:

baron_beeza
25th Mar 2013, 08:05
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p220/baron_beeza/0aad01b7-8558-4c5e-82e4-dc2ba32fcb07_zpsf3222443.jpg

Pilot mistakes highway for runway - TNT Magazine (http://www.tntmagazine.com/news/new-zealand-news/pilot-mistakes-highway-for-runway)

Pilot Pulls Out Of Highway Landing - national | Stuff.co.nz (http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/8461478/Pilot-pulls-out-of-highway-landing)

This happened on Friday and was basically a student flying a solo navex and having a few difficulties identifying the destination airfield.

At this stage I don't know if the actual height has been mentioned. I am thinking it will be closer to 300 feet than 10 ft though.
The media seem to think 3 metres is more newsworthy.

You have to seriously suspect the intellect of the UK TNT editor though. How competent is he ?

aeromatt
25th Mar 2013, 09:21
They must have big runways in NZ, I don't think an a380 would have been able to land in any of the places I went to on my solo nav's.. :hmm:

Ex FSO GRIFFO
25th Mar 2013, 09:47
Newspaper report - that would be a 'Cessna' 380...??? N'est-ce-pas..??

:sad:

kingRB
25th Mar 2013, 09:58
glad we managed to get that cleared up

JustJoinedToSearch
25th Mar 2013, 11:23
The silver spoon brigade are getting ridiculous.

It was a PA28 for my solo navexs.