PDA

View Full Version : Lisbon (BA)

NineEighteen
24th Mar 2013, 08:48
I wonder if anyone can explain why BA park on a remote stand at Lisbon? The terminal seemed to have plenty of gates available.

I assume it's operationally convenient but I just wondered why.

Thank you

rutankrd
24th Mar 2013, 11:36
Because little ol' Englerland is not in Schengen !

Sacavém T1 only has two non Schengen on terminal gates and a bus gate !

One is used by TAP on non Schengen (Mainly departures, arrivals get bused) the other by United Turkish (*Alliance Partners) and Aer Lingus flights.

A few BA flights do get stand 22 sometimes.

Not being in Schengen means being treated just like the Long haul South American African and Moscow flight on the bus you go !

And Easy use the semi charter terminal T2 for departures

NineEighteen
24th Mar 2013, 12:46
Thank you rutankrd. At least the climate is generally friendly in Lisbon...unlike LHR where it was raining sideways outbound and inbound. Had to get a bus there too this time <sigh>

Off Stand
24th Mar 2013, 18:13
I've operated flights to LIS on 4 occasions in the last 5 weeks, always had a jetty?

Fairdealfrank
25th Mar 2013, 14:05
Quote: "I wonder if anyone can explain why BA park on a remote stand at Lisbon? The terminal seemed to have plenty of gates available."

Quote: "Because little ol' Englerland is not in Schengen !

Sacavém T1 only has two non Schengen on terminal gates and a bus gate !

One is used by TAP on non Schengen (Mainly departures, arrivals get bused) the other by United Turkish (*Alliance Partners) and Aer Lingus flights.

A few BA flights do get stand 22 sometimes.

Not being in Schengen means being treated just like the Long haul South American African and Moscow flight on the bus you go !"

More to the point, why does it (the use of remote stands when plenty of contact stands are available, on various carriers, not just BA and (former) BD, and at various terminals) happen so often at LHR? All gates at LHR are non-Schengen!

DrDonkey
20th Apr 2013, 14:16
LIS is a busdrivers paradise. They even use them in Terminal 2 when the plane is parked right in front of the gate, less than 20m away. The trip then involves 20 minutes waiting on the packed bus for the final passengers and a long round trip, taking you back almost to where you started. Maybe things will improve there now that the airport authority has been sold.