PDA

View Full Version : Cebu Pacific Skype Interview

Phenom100
22nd Mar 2013, 15:40
I have just been informed today i have a skype interview with Cebu Pacific on Sunday 24th March.

Has anyone recently been through the process, is this just an initial interview or the complete full interview...........

Any info guys would be greatly appreciated.

dondino
22nd Mar 2013, 17:39
I Would appreciate any info as well...may I know your background?

Phenom100
22nd Mar 2013, 17:50
2000+TT A320 TR Zero on type

Phenom100
24th Mar 2013, 11:05
Thank you so much for the info, much appreciated, have the interview tonight.

a320--
24th Mar 2013, 13:20
Best of luck!!

Some feedback later would be great

davidcruzd
24th Mar 2013, 14:34
Hello guys!

I also hope to have my interview in the next days...any tips would be welcome:)

Good luck to all!

dlcmdrx
24th Mar 2013, 17:45
How did you guys get the legal right to work in the philipines and the Philippine licneses?? Arent those required for the job?

Topper Pimpi
13th Aug 2013, 20:42
Any news/tip about the skype interview ? :) hope it was ok :ok:

young1
16th Aug 2013, 10:57
Hi all,
I have a Skype interview at the end of Aug for Limited FO position with Cebu. Would appreciate any info anyone has on it?

Ila22
16th Aug 2013, 19:18
Hi guys, I got the skype assesstment for the half of september, anyone has any information about the technical questions or where I can find the preparation for this type of questions? thank you

johnpilot
20th Aug 2013, 04:52
Are these interviews for the 330 as well? DECs? Where do you get info on the package?

taz.devil
24th Aug 2013, 12:42
Haven't got trough yet, but this is what I've been told.

Aircraft limitations, memory items, short description of aircraft systems.

johnpilot
27th Aug 2013, 18:12
Is this for the 320 or for the 330?

Is it a commuting contract?

Bealzebub
27th Aug 2013, 18:25
Everybody knows that, we will have usual hr questions and Technical questions on aircraft type

Would wannabe's really be expected to know this? Is this a requirement for experienced pilots that has been posted in the wrong forum?

johnpilot
25th Sep 2013, 04:27
Any more news from Cebu Pacific? How is the recruitment going? Are they still taking guys on the 330? Are the conditions good? Is it a 1 year contract?

P40Warhawk
25th Sep 2013, 10:56
I have been applying via I think 3 channels for these jobs. But did not hear anything. And everywhere you find advertisements for these positions.

Anyone knows why?

AlexanderH
25th Sep 2013, 14:55
Hiring on hold for the time being I'm afraid.

P40Warhawk
25th Sep 2013, 16:22
Well strange. Why are those vacancies still promoted in different agencies? I applied like 4 weeks ago.

AlexanderH
26th Sep 2013, 15:47
It's a bit strange but Cebu are sort of working on an exclusivity basis with some of their recruiters (which is an oxymoron I know).

There are a number of agencies advertising, but it's all being processed by one firm.

They have had far too many CVs so I've been told and have, as usual, to pick ones with ones most suited.

Roni_A320
27th Sep 2013, 13:03
hello, i had my skype interview with cebu 3rd sep, and i passet it, but i am still waiting for the technical though. have you done it yet?....

Roni_A320
28th Sep 2013, 11:26
Hello fellow aviators, ;) please tell us if somebody have had their Skype interview in september! I did and passed but still waiting for the next phase! What about you? Do you know somebody maybe?

Roni_A320
30th Sep 2013, 07:58
congrats man, have you been invited to manila yet? How was the technical? Any advise?

P40Warhawk
30th Sep 2013, 18:36
He guys. What experience do you have?

I am just a fresh graduate. So I am wondering what they are looking for.

I have received nothing.

Roni_A320
30th Sep 2013, 19:57
I have about 400h and zero on A320

finswe
1st Oct 2013, 07:52
Hi everyone,

What kind of Skype interview they have? Any info is appreciated.

Roni_A320
1st Oct 2013, 08:29
They are in the middle of their phase for recruiting. Too late at this stage, i applied 10th of july

wardbjuk
1st Oct 2013, 08:34
A330 Cruise Pilot applications are still open..

Roni_A320
1st Oct 2013, 08:40
I applied for that as well, no answer, was like in july. are you A320 rated?

ArmApp
1st Oct 2013, 09:41
Any information about a330 cruise relief pilot please?
Is it like Cathay Pacific, or the flight time is certified as FO?

Roni_A320
1st Oct 2013, 09:53
Dont know, i assume you logg as FO!

FlyHome
4th Oct 2013, 10:05
Hey guys - I passed the initial interview for A320 limited FO a few weeks ago and have just been contacted for the technical Skype interview...

Does anyone know what sort of format this takes and are all the questions related to the Airbus or are there some ATPL style questions too?

Many thanks and best of luck to all

Roni_A320
4th Oct 2013, 14:35
Hello, i am exactly where you are. Regarding technical, i understand that its strictly A320 Qs... Be shore to study...

FlyHome
4th Oct 2013, 15:02
Thanks Roni,

Yes that's what I thought but I never fully trust what recruiters say! I'm dusting off the FCOMs as we speak...!

Roni_A320
4th Oct 2013, 20:35
haha nice fly home, i actually put more pressure on FCTM cuz its only 344 pages! Of course i also use FCOM as well but only if i want to know more about something in particular! Many we can exchange information about interviews and other stuff! Add me on skype, roni.a320

Phenom100
18th Oct 2013, 16:38
Has ANYONE had the tech interview yet?????

I've been waiting since May...tho it seems like they could possibly be starting next week from what i have heard...

PAPA CHARLY
25th Nov 2013, 17:35
hello !, how did the process go on with you?
Im having a skype interview in a couple of days for the ATR FO position.
Any comments or advice? , questions you remember?
Thanks very much!

Roni_A320
25th Nov 2013, 21:51
Yes i had the tech like a month ago but still waiting for the invite!!!!!

kenlam817
27th Nov 2013, 15:18
PAPA CHARLY (http://www.pprune.org/members/422189-papa-charly) , I also applied for both FO on ATR and A320, stilll haven';t got any reply.. May I know your Total time and qualifications?

jetlee
27th Nov 2013, 19:52
Hi Roni I am hoping to get a Skype Interview soon so any chance I can chat to you too about the interview at all! A320 RATED also but with Zero on TYPE! Thanks!!

nakis03
12th Dec 2013, 17:59
hello there
Is there any update for skype interview of cebu ?

pfvspnf
13th Dec 2013, 11:17
Christmas time , things are probably on hold.

portsharbourflyer
13th Dec 2013, 17:32
Just be warned everyone, I had the HR interview two weeks back, and very recently had the tech interview, I only received 18 hours notice for the tech interview.

pfvspnf
14th Dec 2013, 04:58
What fleet ? What position?

nakis03
14th Dec 2013, 06:09
hello
Im still expecting HR interview
What kind of interview of HR they have .. Any comment from you...

Im type rated A320

portsharbourflyer
14th Dec 2013, 10:50
pfvspnf,

ATR Fleet, First Officer.

nakiso3,

The HR interview asks about your back ground (eg: education, when you started flying), they will ask what your family situation is (married or not).
The will also ask, what do you know about Cebu, why you want to fly for Cebu. The will ask the usual HR stuff such as your strength and weaknesses.

They will also want to confirm your application details, total hours, when you last flew, the date of your last LPC?

Tech interview was centred around memory items and speeds, no questions on the aircraft systems.

nakis03
14th Dec 2013, 11:09
many thks for your reply ! i appreciated !

pfvspnf
14th Dec 2013, 12:15
I hear good things about the ATR fleet, good luck on your interview process.

nakis03
14th Dec 2013, 12:27
Im bus type rated .:) Did u pass the interview HR and TQ?

portsharbourflyer
14th Dec 2013, 16:34
Nakis03,

Passed HR, now just waiting for the result of the Tech interview.

nakis03
14th Dec 2013, 19:39
good for you!
I wish you the best!

pfvspnf
15th Dec 2013, 06:51
All expats will be on local terms and conditions

ElAl
18th Dec 2013, 08:34
Looking for some more Info & Questions from the Tech Interview..

Thanks!

portsharbourflyer
18th Dec 2013, 20:49
ELAL,

Are you A320 or ATR rated?

The ATR tech interview really was just questions on some of the speeds (flap 15 speed, Vlo and Vle that sort of thing). Some questions on the memory items and was also asked to describe differences between the 42 and 72.

I didn't get asked any "aircraft system questions".

ElAl
18th Dec 2013, 21:39
Thanks a lot for your help!

tati
20th Dec 2013, 23:29
Hi eveybody,

Anyone has some info about the tech interview for a NON TR ATR FO?

Thank you very much and good luck to everybody

fastos
22nd Dec 2013, 03:06
Hi all!

Can I assume that the tech interview is about the ATR or about the type you currently fly? Considering that I've never flown any of their types before.

Phileas Fogg
23rd Dec 2013, 05:55
Good luck working for Cebu Air Inc. They're currently offering PHP25 international destination fares for Christmas Day, it Seems, just to deny their crew members a family Christmas at home.

pineteam
13th Jan 2014, 09:48
Hello Guys,

I also received an Email for Cebu Mid December inviting me for interview but since then nothing.. Any news on your side?

portsharbourflyer
13th Jan 2014, 20:17
Received news that I passed both HR and tech interviews, received an invite for sim check and compass test before Christmas, but as yet no further confirmation or information since.

pineteam
14th Jan 2014, 04:40
Congrats Portsharbourflyer and thanks for the updates! I'm going to Manila on Monday to visit the place and I will try to get my inteview done.

portsharbourflyer
14th Jan 2014, 19:28
Pineteam,

Thanks, but still a lot of hoops to jump through before congratulations are in order.

Hope it all goes ok for you.

pfvspnf
14th Jan 2014, 22:20
Congrats ! But as you said LOTS of hoops ! Even after you pass sim but it's all part of the adventure !

fastos
16th Jan 2014, 14:44
I received an invitation for the interview mid December, but haven't heard anything since as well.
Does anyone know what is going on?

Phenom100
16th Jan 2014, 20:03
I first had a skype HR interview back in Feb 2103, heard nothing until an e-mail came through back in October saying was i still interested if so please let us know immediately. Advised them YES, and again nothing until December when i was told i need to do HR interview AGAIN as it had been over 6 months since the previous one....2nd HR interview completed mid december.

Seriously bad communication with these guys, never respond to messages!!

All gone silent again....

Given up with these guys :ugh::ugh:

MaraFlyer
19th Jan 2014, 13:34
Same here. Had the HR interview first week of december and told in a week to expect tech interview. Wrote them for info after waiting a couple of weeks and told to expect an email the next day with more info. That was pre xmas. Still waiting. Have written twice and gotten auto responses. Wishe we could all band together and treat them the same as they treat us.

pinoyboy
26th Jan 2014, 22:01
ive been lurking for years and finally made the jump to join (thanks pprune!)
here is the latest scoop on airline jobs in philippines.... tiger was purchased by cebu last month. air asia is hiring a few but only filipinos and cebu has over hired. they expect to start looking again in august. i hold a philippine caap ATP with a320 type, 1st class medical, ROC-a , CFI, flight eng written, 2800 total and permanent resident visa , cedula, tin, sss card etc etc have gone a couple of times directly to cebu office and HR lady doesn't even bother to come out of their office to take my resume'. i just left it with the receptionist. the next month i returned and asked to speak with her and mentioned i have left my resume' the previous month and had not heard back from them and was surprised due to the "pilot shortage" and she replied and was polite (as all filipinas are) and said " please understand sir, we have people like coming in nearly every day dropping off their resumes' and we receive dozens of emails every week from qualified pilots like yourself from all over the world and we have over a thousand resumes on file, if you meet our qualifications we will call you in for an interview". Well ive been waiting now 5 months .... maybe they will call me in august ....but what year ?:ugh:

pinoyboy
28th Jan 2014, 08:18
cessna 95
thanks for reply
no i have not.
i just got my type at pan am and
the problem like most people is that i have no time on type.
i will just patiently wait. :ok:

Luggage
4th Feb 2014, 21:02
Hi all

Anybody with news on interviews. I just had my HR interview on Skype today. How long before they generally contact you. Interview took about 40 - 45 min.

I am 3000 TT with 2200 turbine on King Air 200/350 and EASA A320 rated with base check done at cockpit4u.

I felt like I represented myself well and answered everything satisfactorily but who ever knows in aviation...

Be good to hear from other aviators currently waiting. Whats next, technical I guess? Hopefully give good notice to prepare.:hmm:

:ok:

portsharbourflyer
4th Feb 2014, 22:30
Luggage,

I had to wait about 2 to 3 weeks from the HR interview until the tech interview. I got about 18 hours notice for the tech interview.

Luggage
5th Feb 2014, 12:15
PHF.. Thanks for the info.

18 hours, what a joke. Sounds about right in aviation. I get the feeling the company and HR are running around like headless chickens.

Best I hit a few books. I see lots of A320 positions being advertised now in Asia and Middle East. Looks like this is the year aviation is finally turning around and coming good again.

portsharbourflyer
5th Feb 2014, 20:03
Luggage,

If it wasn't for email access via mobile phone I may well have missed that tech interview, I ended up taking the afternoon off work to revise.

Luggage
5th Feb 2014, 20:13
PHF

If you dont mind could you please tell me what to expect with regards to the tech. Is it systems such as hydraulics, electrical etc or is it just everyday stuff such as speeds, MTOW, pax numbers, the usual stuff.

portsharbourflyer
5th Feb 2014, 20:38
Luggage,

My interview was for the ATR not the Airbus, but the tech interview was mainly about speeds and memory Items. The only other aircraft knowledge question was to state differences between the ATR42 and ATR72, which obviously wont apply for yourself.

I wouldn't know for certain if the A320 tech interview follows the same format.

Luggage
6th Feb 2014, 12:05
PHF

How long ago did you pass the tech interview and have you been called for sim check yet?

I presume sim is done over there and at our expense with regards to flights and hotel etc.

Im still waiting to hear if I passed HR interview, only happened 2 days ago though so could be another 2 to 3 weeks still. I hope I find out soon though.

portsharbourflyer
6th Feb 2014, 19:44
I received an email just before Christmas to say I had passed the tech interview. They also invited me to take the compass test and sim check and asked me to nominate dates to say when I was available. I replied but have received no further confirmation since.

As I understand the travel to the Philippines is at your expense. Once you pass the sim check they said they would cover expenses for licence conversion and visas but with a twelve month bonding arrangement.

To be honest I am not holding out much hope this will amount anything.

Luggage
8th Feb 2014, 11:20
PHF

I am still waiting to hear from them regarding the HR. The tech will be on the 320 for me and then after that we will see what happens.

I guess if I am offered a sim ride I will consider it but I am not wasting a lot of money if like you said it is not going to amount to anything. I dont have much faith in this company to be honest.

We would be playing under their rules with no protection on payment of salaries or any money owed to us after a bonding period. I am very skeptical about going to work there and still very undecided even if I were to be offered something.

I dont know what is more important to them at present in terms of getting pilots for the 320 or ATR, I guess it is where they are short of crew the most. Lets see if I pass the HR and tech first before I get too carried away.

Good luck with the sim, when are you looking at heading out there.:ok:

portsharbourflyer
8th Feb 2014, 14:16
Luggage,

Wish I knew, as said I replied stating when I would be available but they have yet to reply with a confirmed date.

But I did notice Direct Personnel only two or three days back had an advert out for experienced FOs (500 on type) and Captains for an Asian based operator which I believe is Cebu from the advert description. So it looks as though they are seeing if they can get experienced crews before considering just those with a rating. Although I have an ATR rating my previous heavy TP experience it is on a different type.

Luggage
9th Feb 2014, 12:33
PHF

I think a lot of operators will struggle to get experience on type as they are just not offering the cash and the market is really starting to recover now.

Turkish for example ask for 1500 ON TYPE FOR 320/737 DRIVERS but offer nowhere near as much money as in parts of Asia or the sand pit.

Certain Asian carriers like Tiger, Cebu, HK Express etc will also not offer the money that carriers like Cathay and Emirates offer so will find it very hard to get a guy with 1500 on type especially for an F.O. position.

If you have a captaincy on type you can basically pick and choose so F.O. slots will have to be filled with guys who just have experience regardless of type. Of course some carriers will still get newbies to buy type rating and joining whilst working for absolute peanuts.:=

Let me know what happens with regards to your sim and when they call back. Im still waiting to hear about HR interview. If I have not heard after 2 weeks I will drop them a line.

portsharbourflyer
10th Feb 2014, 22:52
Luggage,

I'll let you know if I hear anymore.

Luggage
13th Feb 2014, 18:26
PHF

Any news? I passed HR interview and got my tech interview at 3.30am in the morning. I have been given a whopping 14 hours of notice!!:ugh::{:}

Will keep you up to date. If I get through this I cwertainly hope they dont expect me to be ready for a sim and in the Philippines with 14 hours of notice, just wont happen!!

Oh well lets see what happens.:ok:

portsharbourflyer
13th Feb 2014, 20:53
Luggage,

Guess you are busy revising at the moment, but I haven't heard any more.

Well looks as though they are following a common pattern here.

Luggage
14th Feb 2014, 13:43
PHF

I had tech interview, went very well. I was told by the fleet chief afterwards that he was satisfied with my aviation technical knowledge so that sounds positive but will wait until I have confirmation from HR and a sim invite before getting too excited.

Took about 25 to 30 min with an introduction about myself to him. He was a very nice guy and pleasant to talk to. Then we got into the questions, mainly memory items, V speed definitions, memory items such as TCAS procedure, engine anti ice usage and so forth.

There is stuff in there that can trip you up but if you have done a bit of prep you should be fine. Fingers crossed I get called soon for sim. Apparently it is only for A330 and not A320 also.

Any news on ATR slots, saw advert today for ATR drivers in the Philippines so must be 5J.

portsharbourflyer
14th Feb 2014, 19:25
Luggage,

Glad to hear it went well. For the A330 is that for the cruise relief position or straight to FO?

As said it has all gone quiet from Cebu. I have now seen two agencies advertising for ATR FOs for what must be Cebu, so it looks as though they are trying to get those with 500 hours on type before considering those with just the rating. That said the ATR entry requirement with no hours on type still had a total time requirement, so those fresh out of training were never in the running.

MaraFlyer
15th Feb 2014, 07:27
Gents, i would be careful hiving out too many specific details just in case there is someone from Cebu reading. Not that matters really but it just might.
The 18 hour rule is in full affect, by the way. Had a tech int recently. PM for details.

Elle_med
8th Apr 2014, 07:44
some advise to guys STILL considering Cebupac as a place to fly

1. Parc has stopped working with them long time ago and now even Contractair stops.

2. Average payment for 320 CAPTAIN does not exceed USD 7000 / m.

3. Local terms & conditions means U will have to deal with all stupid local procedures, and that takes 2-3 months in general. NO support from Cebupac office chair attendants like JM, unless u kick them real strong.

4. They want tips & BRIBES everywhere INCLUDING FINAL CAAP SIM CHECK.

5. In general, u can can dissatisfied quite quickly, and the money u spent in the process will not be covered by the money u earned

Luggage
8th Apr 2014, 17:53
Are you currently employed there? What aircraft type are you on?

MD83FO
15th Apr 2014, 16:46
are they still hiring foreign 320 captains?

pinoyboy
18th Apr 2014, 06:17
i was asked to post this...

1) The "training bond" they will force you to sign is for 3 years and P1,000,000. They will not present or talk about the training bond until after the ground course. If you quit the job in 2 years and 11 months and 29 days, you owe the FULL AMOUNT!

i assume they are referring to the ATR course , since its rare for someone to get themselves.... also airlines in other countries pay loyalty bonuses i.e. silver airways in usa now paying 12000 for staying two years and cebu pac will punish you 25 grand for leaving before 3 years. usa=carrot philippines=stick

Also, the training bond gives CP the POWER OF ATTORNEY over you should you decide to quit. Just imagine what they can do with that!

2) The training is substandard, and each sim session is a checkride. The Instructors can't teach nor do they know anything about the airplane. Systems knowledge? Ha! Not here!

3) Pre employment. As an expat you will be told by the "People Dept" that they will "help" you get a work permit. The "help" is an address of a run down travel agency that will process the work permit (about 1 to 2 months) and YOU will pay them P80,000. CP pays nothing. You will also pay for all of your "requirements" which will add up to more pesos. You will pay for your "company medical" at a run down clinic.

Expect to spend up to 2 months doing requirements with zero help from CP. And for no pay at this point.

Once all requirements are done the expat will be told to report to "ground school". Don't expect any company material such as manuals to be issued, just hope someone else in class has some they can share. The "ground training" is the biggest waste of time, the instructors are only interested in how fast they can get done and leave. There will be nothing about systems, you will be given a written test and the answers, just fill out and turn in. This is the same with all test, no knowledge required!

Oh by the way, don't expect to be paid just yet. Your payroll paperwork "is out for signature" so your pay will be delayed for another month or two (if you are lucky).

Now you will sit around for weeks awaiting the dumbass that schedules training to get you to the simulator. Be prepared for multiple excuses and delays.

Once at the simulator expect little. Remember every sim session is a checkride.

Once finished at the sim expect a couple to 3 week delay for your "license". After that expect more delays to start IOE and "supervised line flying". This part is interesting. You will get to fly with Instructors that know squat about the airplane, will try to show their "knowledge" by giving you bad information and brag about their PAF experience.

This part of the "training" is 100+ hours, or two months plus. And no "productivity pay". If you were lucky enough to get your base pay at this point at least you will have a "little money" (and I mean little).

Once released for line flying don't expect any productivity pay for another month. All together you have now spent 6 months plus paying for everything on virtually no pay.

Oh, need a uniform? Bring your own! Some expats here have spent 2+ years awaiting uniforms.

pinoyboy
18th Apr 2014, 06:17
i went to caap / cebu pacific november of last year. the inspector at the caap gave me a list of all the papers i needed to get my philippines temp atp etc...
i asked him "sir are you sure they are serious about hiring pilots and do i have a chance "? he looked at all my licenses : FAA ATP multi engine and single engine land and sea, faa flight instructor single, multi and instrument, flight dispatcher, ground instructor advanced and instrument, ive even passed the written flight eng turbojet and flight navigator ! also atp from canada, first class medicals, radio operator licenses etc i hold the permanent resident visa in the philippines, have the nbi, tin, sss , drivers license all that. oh i also have a PIC b737 a320 and SIC CE500
have 2800 total time and 104 hours multi... he said "very good" and i would say 99.9% chance of getting a job in the philippines. i said ok thank you sir because this requires alot of time and money getting all these papers etc.... well i went and did the atp written and a320 ,roc-a etc gave my resume (very nicely done with classy paper and folder etc) two times in person to cebu pacific (in nov 2013)
i also sent in via email 5 or 6 times to the girls you mentioned. no reply. then i saw a job post for the a330 and had a "darlenny" as the contact. so i sent her an email and was immediately offered a job as f/o on the a330. i was in the usa at the time so i returned to the philippines and spoke to her in person. she offered me an interview for the following week and to wait her email for details etc. this was wednesday and on monday i sent her an email as reminder. no reply, 9 days later (wed) i sent another email asking for interview date, no reply !!?? so friday i called her and she said i wasnt qualified for the job !! OMG i gave them my resume' 6 or 7 times and now she tells me that? why didnt she simply answer my emails 2 weeks ago! so lazy. so i complained that this was fraud and they offered me a chance on the atr. so again went thru the headache of a skype interview (two weeks to complete) waiting for them to call me at internet cafe for 2 hours and never contacting me etc. or she would say " i will call you in 15 minutes" and then i would wait two hours and give up... finally got thru and was mostly questions that are easily answered on my resume. also why couldnt they have simply called me on the fone ?! how much does a call cost from manila to my place? 20 pesos for 20 minutes? today i just got an email back that i dont qualify !? WTH ? to qualify for the atr they just want (according to their job posting on web) a commercial /ifr/multi , 500 hours total and 25 multi time ! i dont qualify! ay nako. there is a shortage of pilots in the usa because the living conditions and pay are so poor and i just retired (27 years as seaman) and wanted to work in the philippines , the country of my family and house etc. Now i will have to go back to the usa and be away from my lovely wife for a year at a time and maintain 2 houses etc OMG no, im gonna try viet nam or china first , i just cant afford to live in the usa with the small pay and high cost of living there.
you would think that cebu would want to hire all the pilots they can find for the atr and have them in line to work on their a320 a321 they have on order. also , think about how dumb they are... i sent an email to one of their recruiters anonymously and mentioned that china could not find pilots for the a330 as captain and they pay 20k a month and required 3000 total and only 500 hours in the a330 and cebu wanted for f/o 3000 total and 1000 in the plane and pays 4000 a month, how do they expect to find pilots?! i should have just stayed home and watched telenovelas with my asawa and avoided all this work and money i spent on plane tickets, hotels, tests, time, grief ,waste, all of it

portsharbourflyer
21st Apr 2014, 07:19
Pinoy,

Very informative.

However the other requirement for the ATR job was a current ATR type rating, so if you weren't rated then you wouldn't meet the requirements irrespective of your total hours.

pilotchute
22nd Apr 2014, 06:14
Some non rated guys were offered spots on the ATR as FO's. They had over the 1500 hour TT mark and most had some Caravan/King Air/Navajo or similar experience. They were all required to self fund a type rating.

ATR ratings aren't cheap and the low salary on offer left most to have to say "no thanks" to the offer.

Elle_med
27th Apr 2014, 19:19
... there're guys in A330 fleet, that were, after self-paid A320 rating with ZERO hours, were offered A330 CCQ paid by CBPac, and after that due to stupid slow line entry, flying P2 LF/US with salary around PHP 20.000, where apartment rent takes PHP 17.000 from this.

No doubt, ATR job is even worse