PDA

View Full Version : Fire at heathrow?

HalloweenJack
20th Mar 2013, 21:40
please excuse the `alarm` , but had a text from a good friend at heathrow - he says theres quite alot of blue light activity and can see `flames` on another aircraft from where he`s sat.

dont suppose anyone has heard anything else?

Locked door
20th Mar 2013, 23:16
There was a NOTAM today for increased activity around the fire training site. I suspect the 'fire' they saw was just a training exercise at the mock up. It's pretty spectacular when they torch it.

Lukeafb1
21st Mar 2013, 08:48
If the aircraft he saw in flames was green, then as Locked Door says, it was the mock-up.

mixture
21st Mar 2013, 10:40
The spotters section and you don't even know about the existence of the fire training facility ?!? :(

Trust me, its Heathrow... if it was a real fire, it would have been plastered all over the media outlets within 30 minutes of it happening with many journalists gassing off about "horrified passengers" and "plummeting planes". :E

ilesmark
21st Mar 2013, 12:05
Mixture - hahahaha - sounds like a cue for this:- The Lazy Journalists Plane Story Generator (http://www.radans.net/jens/planestory.html)

Gonzo
21st Mar 2013, 17:19
Emergency exercise, nothing to see here......:ok:

jackieofalltrades
21st Mar 2013, 17:23
I remember one time taxiing past a fully fired up training facility at Amsterdam. There were sounds of horrified panic from some passengers around me until the Captain came on the PA to advise that it was, in fact, just a training exercise. Still, some folks couldn't comprehend this notion, and continued to worry about "those poor souls trapped inside".

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
21st Mar 2013, 18:13
Gonzo..... is the chimney still in the central area? When they cleaned it we almost went into LVPs with black smoke and produced alarming calls from some crews. We just told them we were electing a new SATCO.