PDA

View Full Version : iPad EFB for Commercial Use

flybypilot
18th Mar 2013, 15:13
We are looking at using iPads for our EFB approval and are wondering if anyone has any recommendations. It will be for an EASA AOC.

We will be using Jeppesen for the Electronic Charts, however, does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with other software packages such as the electronic Techlogs, performance etc?

Thanks in advance

FBP

Booglebox
18th Mar 2013, 15:23
Aviobook is quite cool. There is also Evoke but it is more for airlines. :cool:

B1GGLES
18th Mar 2013, 20:46
We use ARINC Direct's iPad app, but it does require you using their flight planning. App is great....you can even annotate your PLOGs and send the updated PLOG back to Ops for filing. :ok:

Includes access to graphical weather, SIGMETs, etc and plots the route on the airways charts. With the integrated runway analysis, W&B and SMS it is getting towards being a complete package.

Worth a look for sure.

flybypilot
19th Mar 2013, 11:11
Thanks, I have contacted the guys above. I will look at ARINC but we already have an excellent SMS supplier and use another for our Plogs.

Has anyone used Flightman?

Cheers,

FBP

Winston
19th Mar 2013, 16:51
I saw these guys at the Farnborough Expo today. Haven't used it though so can't vouch for it. Total AOC Solutions | Tailored aviation and training support (http://www.totalaoc.com)