PDA

View Full Version : how can i get an FAA commercial License ??

Meshoo
18th Mar 2013, 00:16
Hi All
About me :
I have a Saudi Arabian ( GACA ) CPL/IR Multi with HS-125 rating as SIC
total time : 1,100 Hrs
total jet : 550 Hrs
Medical : Both GACA and FAA 1st class, no limitations.

I will have my recurrency on HS-125 soon in U.S.

now I need to have FAA CPL to fly another HS-125 that is "N" registered and for that i should do a several steps. and the first will be obtaining the verification of my ICAO License first and its already in processing, then i have to go to U.S. then at FSDO they will issue me a Based On FAA PPL, and i also should pass the written test of IR to add Instrument Rating to that FAA PPL.

so after that we talk about FAA CPL.

A) some people say that I must go for the full conversion process by flying the propellers Multi until the check rides of the Instrument and Commercial then I will get the FAA CPL , then after that I can go for the recurrent course so the rating will be added to that FAA CPL.

B) others says that only after having the FAA Based On PPL, then i need only to do the written test of Instrument and Commercial , then at the training center i will do the recurrent course so after i pass they will issue me an FAA CPL with rating and it will be unrestricted so i can work with it.

C) some other says, no need for the Based On PPL, I need only :
1- Verification
2- ATPL written test
3- TSA
4- total hours ( last page of the logbook )
then the passing the recurrent i will issued an FAA CPL with the rating and unrestricted as well.

So now am confused a lot about this, I need a help ASAP
I wish that will be by anyone was in the same situation soon, also i need to know what are the best price for the recurrent and where i can go for the best choice.
also i think the B1,B2 visa works for the additional rating or recurrent, because the main reason in U.S. is to visit my brother so i will use the time also to do my recurrent.
and also i think that there is no need to fly jet then prop then back to the jet only for License issuance !!

Flying Mechanic
18th Mar 2013, 01:02
U need 1500 TT to do a FAA ATP check ride.

When you did your HS 125 sim training was it in a FAA approved sim? And FAA instructor? If not you will have to do a full type rating course.

There might be others out there better versed who can help you...but I would start preparing for a FAA cpl check ride.

MarkerInbound
18th Mar 2013, 01:46
Well "C" for sure does not work because you have to pass the commercial written test for the commercial rating. The ATP written does not count as a commercial written.

"A" works but it's not really a conversion. You hold a private certification, you pass the written for the commercial and complete the flight training and checkride for a commercial and then complete the HS125 course and add the type rating. That's the normal path for anyone in FAA land.

"B" is interesting. You need to talk to the training you are going to to see if they can do it. The problem is the type rating checkride is really an instrument/ATP checkride no matter what level certificate you hold. The commercial checkride is mostly VFR stuff. Short and soft field takeoffs and landings, chandelles and lazy 8s, power off 180 degree turns to a landing. I don't know if any sims are set up to do those maneuvers.

Meshoo
18th Mar 2013, 16:59
Thanks flight mechanic and Markerinbound

Most people said same like (B)

But also some experienced pilots said that (A) possible

Please, I need somebody ask someone who did that recently.

Many thanks again.

Bless you all

Meshoo
18th Mar 2013, 17:05
By the way

I did the check ride for HS-125 with a designated examiner by both FAA and GACA.

And also if we said that I have to do a check ride on the propeller aircraft like PA44-180. I will do only CPL ?

Because I will have a based on PPL with instrument.

I don't want to pay more.

Tinstaafl
19th Mar 2013, 12:12
You can't do an ATP checkride. You don't have the hours. So option C is out - an ATP theory exam pass doesn't count for the Commercial.