PDA

View Full Version : DXB Ground Frequency Congestion

scandistralian
17th Mar 2013, 12:57
Have noticed the last few weeks that during the peak times 120.35/118.35 are becoming more and more congested. Is there any reason why they don't at least split GND into North and South frequencies?

EK380
17th Mar 2013, 13:34
Is there a reason....? Yes, I supposed it is called "manpower"

Kiwikid
17th Mar 2013, 17:26
Last I heard there is a plan to split ground but yes staffing is an issue.

Sheikhthedripsoff
17th Mar 2013, 18:38
Unfortunately seems to be symptomatic of the Gulf region as a whole. Vast sums of money but they don't want to invest in more manpower to do the job properly.

When a busy airport like Doha has one controller looking after delivery, ground, and tower at certain times of the day, you know there is a problem. (but they did manage to buy the 2022 world cup).

Dropp the Pilot
18th Mar 2013, 06:31
I don't think 'congested' begins to describe it. A few weeks back we were trying to go somewhere at about 0830 local and there were times when for a minute or more all you heard on the radio was a continuous squeal of double transmissions - during those periods no meaningful communications of any kind were occurring in Dubai on the ground frequency.

There are any number of things which could occur on the airport that would make that situation exceedingly uncomfortable.

scandistralian
18th Mar 2013, 08:57
Spot on Dropp, I was thinking the same thing the other morning.

@Banana - I like your thinking :ok:

In that case, lets hope they boost the numbers at ATC, surely there must be enough revenue from the growing number of movements to fund the additional headcount?

They could also banish all non DATALINK capable aircraft to OMDW? :E:E:E