PDA

View Full Version : Low level Endorsement

lamclennan
17th Mar 2013, 12:45
So I'm nearing the end of my PPL. I've been thinking about what I can do to keep things current and the mind ticking over. The first thing would be constant speed and retractable undercarriage (this year). I think I would then like to do Night VFR (next year). Thinking a low level endorsement in a couple of years might also be handy. Getting ahead of myself a little bit... are training schools hard to find for low level? Ideally would look to do it around Perth/surrounding area, QLD in the darling/western downs, brisbane or north east NSW.

Would like to also give a thumbs up to QAS Queensland Aviation Services in Caloundra QLD and PFC Pearce Flying Club in WA.

UnderneathTheRadar
17th Mar 2013, 20:48
Formation endorsement would be of far more use for a PPL. What are you going to do low level?

the_rookie
17th Mar 2013, 23:01
What are you going to do low level?
assuming lamclennan goes on to get his CPL, aerial surveying? Pretty sure the job would give you that endorsment anyway

VH-XXX
17th Mar 2013, 23:14
Yep, not much point getting LL unless you are going CPL. Unless perhaps you plan on buying a cattle station and plan to muster yourself.

solowflyer
17th Mar 2013, 23:38
Contact Chris Shine through Bunbury Aero Club for LL. Would suggest doing Tail Dragger and aerobatics ratings or some long X countries rather than LL unless you going to use it. I spend 95% of my time flying a few feet off the ground and trust me you don't want to be there unless you have to be.

MakeItHappenCaptain
18th Mar 2013, 09:15
If you want to stay east coast, pm me for Bernie Regan's details ex Brisbane.

You really want to have a reason for LL, bearing in mind you can't just drop down wherever you like, even with the approval. (Req approved area/permission.)

ps. Would strongly recommend a tailwheel/aeros endo for personal development (Gerry Dick at YRED), but the NVFR would be a good step as part of your CPL syllabus.:ok: