PDA

View Full Version : S76 from ERA crashed in Louisania 15 mar 2013

HeliHenri
16th Mar 2013, 11:56
Sad news :(

During a maintenance test flight

Sheriff: 3 dead in Louisiana helicopter crash - San Jose Mercury News (http://www.mercurynews.com/california/ci_22799618/3-dead-louisiana-helicopter-crash)

Grenville Fortescue
16th Mar 2013, 12:16
On a separate note, is the S-76A required under FAA rules or company SOP's, to operate to Cat A performance standards in GOM operations and, if so, what payload does this offer?

212man
16th Mar 2013, 12:31
I'm by no means a fan of the Princess Diana-esque outpourings of grief we see on these forums, for people unknown to the posters, with the usual RIP and 'God Speed' mantras, but I have to say that is one of the most insensitive posts I've seen for a while!

iamthetroll
16th Mar 2013, 12:46
I second that.

Pull Pitch
16th Mar 2013, 13:37
Condolences to all the families involved.

Captain Bill Croucher was one of a kind. A true gentleman and great role model.
Respected and loved by all who knew him.
A professional who always had time to share his knowledge and experiences.
You are truly missed Bill.
RIP.

malabo
28th Mar 2013, 05:36
From the NTSB preliminary:

While returning to LCH in cruise flight about 1,000 feet above ground level (AGL), the pilot radioed to the LCH control tower that he had an emergency and would be immediately landing off the airport. Radar data provided by the FAA showed the helicopter in a descent prior to contact being lost. The wreckage of the helicopter was found about 5 miles southeast of the threshold for Runway 33 at LCH. The helicopter was consumed by a post-crash fire.

A witness, who was a helicopter pilot, stated that he observed the accident helicopter in a shallow descent as it passed just east of his house about 600 feet AGL. He stated that the helicopter was producing an unusual, grinding noise as it passed over his house.

On-scene investigation of the airframe revealed that two tail rotor blades were missing from the helicopter. The missing tail rotor blades have not been located as of the date of this preliminary report.