PDA

View Full Version : 18 Seater crash at Jandakot.!!!

Lancair70
15th Mar 2013, 05:24
Plane crashes between runways at Jandakot airport | News.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/plane-crashes-at-jandakot-airport/story-e6frfkp9-1226598341861)

No one hurt thankfully, but I want to know how they fit 18 people in that plane ?

Just another example of the media getting it wrong.

Caedus
15th Mar 2013, 05:27
That has to be a typo? Piper Cherokee's are 4 seaters if memory serves

Curious as to the circumstances of the crash though

ozziejim
15th Mar 2013, 05:28
82 years old! hope he gets back on the saddle, good on the lad:ok:

peterc005
15th Mar 2013, 05:28
It's a Piper Cherokee 6 or Saratoga, so 6 seats.

Looks like an early model, so I think it's fixed gear.

seneca208
15th Mar 2013, 05:35
I'm positive this is the same rego Cherokee 6 that landed short at Jandakot late 2012.

Sounds like a news.com.au blunder.

dreamer84
15th Mar 2013, 05:35
How to write your own plane crash story.

The Lazy Journalists Plane Story Generator (http://www.radans.net/jens/planestory.html)

seneca208
15th Mar 2013, 05:42
Looks like we've now had a magical photo change. Doesn't look like a Piper anymore.

Jabawocky
15th Mar 2013, 05:47
Looks like a sliding canopy....and its not a Grumman or an RV, cant easily see in the picture so its not the old chair o kee 6

RR69
15th Mar 2013, 05:54
18 Seater Eh? Is this perhaps as piss take on Chinese People? That's not very nice - Nasty Journalist!!!

I think the coppers thought it was an 18 Seater as well seeing as they sent 4 cars to come and make sure everybody was OK...

Bit of a worry!

rioncentu
15th Mar 2013, 06:00
More importantly, I want to know why the Lazy Journalists Plane Crash Website offers a choice of aircraft?:ugh:

Surely they all know EVERY small plane is a Cessna?

Caedus
15th Mar 2013, 06:01
Pic change but that's still no Caravan :cool:

Clare Prop
15th Mar 2013, 06:05
They originally used a picture of an "18 seater" cherokee six that had EFATO here a few months back. Today was a Grob that ran off the runway but hey let's not let the facts get in the way etc etc. The poor lad on board must have aged about 70 years in a matter of seconds.
AS usual, the papers writing absolute bollox.
Remember the Warrior in Melbourne that "voluntarily jettisoned it's wings" ??? :E

weloveseaplanes
15th Mar 2013, 06:38
How to write your own plane crash story.

The Lazy Journalists Plane Story Generator

Loved the link dreamer. It produced this pearler . . .

Terrified Passengers in Dread Flight

Foreign passengers told of their horrific terror aboard a Perth bound Jetstar flight which was told in no uncertain terms to return to Darwin yesterday due to running out of fuel.

Some passengers were very angry that the 943 passengers were told few details of the calamity.

They said the plane 'Seemed normal, but everyone knew it was posessed by the Devil' before turning around.

As a precaution, fire trucks were on standby when the Piper Dash-8 landed.

Passenger Mary Jones last night was still recovering from the ordeal.

'I wasn't so much worried for myself, but for my children losing their only parent', the passenger said.

FokkerInYour12
15th Mar 2013, 07:34
Wonder what JAH charge for "parking fees" in that location?

Skystar320
15th Mar 2013, 10:28
Flight Goes Horribly Wrong

Perth passengers told of their horrific terror aboard a Adelaide bound Qantas flight which was advised it was in the best interests of the plane to return to Perth yesterday due to running out of Everybody Loves Raymond episodes.

Some passengers were agitated that the 168 passengers were told few details of the episode.

They said the plane 'Was flying like a Dodo' before turning around.

As a precaution, fire trucks were on standby when the Airbus 737 landed.

Passenger Ms L. Dover last night was still recovering from the ordeal.

'The hostess shoved me out of the plane. I landed right on the concrete', the passenger said.

as fragged
15th Mar 2013, 22:25
So many combinations possible....

Foreign passengers told of their terrible scare aboard a Sydney bound Compass flight which was advised it was in the best interests of the plane to return to Brisbane yesterday due to shortage of food.

Some passengers were devastated that the 168 passengers were told few details of the unpleasant incident.

They said the plane 'Seemed normal, but everyone knew it was posessed by the Devil' before turning around.

As a precaution, fire trucks were on standby when the Airbus A320 landed.

Passenger Mr Tahiti last night was still recovering from the ordeal.

'It's a good thing I was wearing the brown underwear', the passenger said.