PDA

View Full Version : Iroquois A2-489?

BarneyB
14th Mar 2013, 10:45
Hopefully I am in the right place, only found this forum tonight. A2-489 is to be installed at the Port Pirie RSL. I will be assisting in the installation. The RSL has asked if I can provide any info or pictures to be used in the display and also their newsletter. I remember working on and flying in 489 but nothing significant regarding her history. Would anyone here have any info or pics that we could use?
Regards,
Barney
ex Flight Fitter.

Jamair
14th Mar 2013, 11:17
Gidday bloke - you might want to try Rotorheads or Military aircrews forums on this site; also look at Bladeslapper website. The Royal Australian Regiment website has lots of info and photos from the Vietnam conflict and contact details, so too does the Army Aviation Museum at Oakey.

Cheers

BarneyB
14th Mar 2013, 11:27
Thanks Jamair, it was bladeslappers that directed me here, looked in Rotorheads but did not see much relevant to Australia. Also the rules seem to not allow making the same post in multiple areas? Appreciate the suggestions.

Delta_Foxtrot
14th Mar 2013, 11:40
Barney, you might also try ADF-Serials. They have a lot of background on most ADF aircraft.

BarneyB
14th Mar 2013, 11:51
Thanks DF, already been there, not much on this tail number.

What Red Line?
14th Mar 2013, 22:03
Barney

Don't know if you've done it, but Google " UH-1H A2-489 ". Seems to have some info that you might use.