PDA

View Full Version : Evergreen - Issues????

CareBear
14th Mar 2013, 10:29
I hear through the grapevine that Evergreen may be having some financial problems - pilots and bills not being paid etc.

I potentially have some interest in this area so any supporting information from current Evergreen pilots gratefully received through PM.
Thanks

Savoia
20th Mar 2013, 09:41
Not sure about 'issues' but .. Helihub is reporting today that Evergreen has .. well .. new owners!

Erickson Air-Crane acquires Evergreen Helicopters | Helihub - the Helicopter Industry Data Source (http://helihub.com/2013/03/20/erickson-air-crane-acquires-evergreen-helicopters/)

Fond memories of meeting Bob Suggs (PHI) and Del Smith (Evergreen) together with my godfather on several occasions.

Rabina
20th Mar 2013, 20:42
Evergreen have been technically financially kaputt for the last 18 months. They only paid for stuff they really needed and could justify having their bean counters cutting a check. There were only AOGs. Despite all the worldwide contracts they held, they didn't seem to have a good financial overview.

SASless
20th Mar 2013, 20:55
Bob "Pilots are a Dime a Dozen" Suggs and Delford M. "Stay with me for a Year and I will give you a Leather Navy Flying Jacket" Smith......oh...I do admire those two but not for how they treated those who worked for them.

Rotorgoat8
26th Mar 2013, 00:09
Wow!! I had to wait 2 years for the jacket! Things must have picked up for awhile anyway.

tottigol
26th Mar 2013, 01:37
SAS, Bob Suggs terms regarding pilots were far less appreciative than what you posted, they referred to the New Orleans gutters to be more precise.
I am glad we came a long way since those days...or perhaps not yet judging from the subject of this thread.

SASless
26th Mar 2013, 02:07
The Story I heard on Suggs is he was on a recruiting trip in New Orleans....and saw a body sprawled out face down in the gutter plainly drunk....when he rolled the guy over preparing to offer him a flying job....the guy puked and said "Leave me alone Bob....I am on Time Off!".

Bcopters500
27th Mar 2013, 02:11
They provide the cheese and you provide the whine,,,,! I had a great time actually! Make sure you get paid before your drive off!
:D

Geoffersincornwall
27th Mar 2013, 06:23
We, (BCalH), bought a '61 from them back in 1980 and the trip to McMinville seemed like a journey to the end of the world. On a foggy day a 'test hover' was the only way to check it out. It had a dose of TR brinelling so they had to fix that but worst of all we found a stack of relays in the nose bay that were not of aviation origin. "Looks like they've been raiding the domestic appliance stores." was one comment.

Nonetheless '61s were like hens teeth back then so we snapped it up and it went through the Marshall's 'Anglicisation Mill' down in Cambridge before emerging as G-BIMU.

G.

jimf671
27th Mar 2013, 11:22
MU

Good job I never knew that before. I might never have got in it.

Geoffersincornwall
27th Mar 2013, 18:22
You needn't have worried, things were well sorted before that particular lady graced the North Sea.

G.